13 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
This small-group day trip from Auckland features the highlights and hospitality of Rotorua. Visit the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute of Te Puia, witness the thermal activity of the Te Whakarewarewa Geothermal Valley, and tour the city with a knowledgeable guide. Opt for additional free time to explore on your own, or upgrade for a private soak at the Polynesian Spa, a visit to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, or a Maori concert. You have the flexibility to return to Auckland or end with drop-off in Rotorua.
- Rotorua highlights tour with a professional guide
- Drive past the farmlands of Waikato and tour the city
- Watch cultural demos at the Maori Arts and Crafts Institute in Te Puia
- Stroll past bubbling mud pools and Pohutu Geyser
- Upgrade to add on Polynesian Spa, Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland, or Maori concert
- Travel with a small group by air-conditioned minivan
- Select a round-trip from Auckland or be dropped off in Rotorua
Saved to wishlist!
Cafe Lunch - (vegetarian and gluten free options available)
Live commentary on board given by experienced guide
Hotel pickup and drop-off and other meeting points by arrangement including private addresses in the central metropolitan area
Small-group tour Transport in air-conditioned minibus with luxury leather seating
Morning and afternoon tea available at own expense
Infant meals not included
Please note that because of the amount of travel time this tour is not suitable for children under 2 years as part of the group - It can be booked as a private tour - please ask TripAdvisor/Viator to contact us for the custom price
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Guaranteed departure - We do not cancel on the rare occasions we have low numbers. We will travel for one person
We pickup for free at all Central Auckland accomodation, hotels, apartments, etc. We only go to the hotels/accomodation which are booked for that day. We also offer a subsidised shuttle service for people staying out of the city centre to bring them to meet the tour coach. Please liaise with us re where you are to be picked up. It is essential you get in contact with this information as soon as possible
We use shuttles to minimise the time between pickup and tour departure - You will not be driven around for hours at the beginning or end of your tour while other people are being picked up or dropped off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Infant seats are required by law in NZ in private vehicles for children under 7 years - We recommend the same standard be applied for your child's safety and have them available in all vehicles for use of seat and child restraint for the day.
- Infant meals not included
- Please note that because of the amount of travel time this tour is not suitable for children under 2 years as part of the group - It can be booked as a private tour - please ask TripAdvisor/Viator to contact us for the custom Tour price
- We must know where you are staying in Auckland - We do not have a standard meeting place and go only to prearranged hotels and places to meet people
- Children must be accompanied by an adult - note must be over 2 years old to be on group vehicle
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Hotel or Accomodation information
- Pickup address
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY DenbarNZ Ltd ( Trading as FlexiToursNZ )
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Rotorua Day Trip from Auckland with Options - Guaranteed departure?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "If you happen to be in Auckland, a trip to Rotorua is a must!" See review
- "This was a long day but well worth it - I am so pleased I went on the trip." See review
- "Fran and Rick really make the bus trips enjoyable with their knowledge of the areas and occasional stops to show us sights not on the itinerary." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Rotorua Day Trip from Auckland with Options - Guaranteed departure
12 hours 30 minutes
3 hours 55 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingAucklandBus Tours - North IslandFull-day Tours - North IslandBus Tours - Waiheke IslandFull-day Tours - Waiheke IslandBus Tours - TaurangaFull-day Tours - TaurangaCategory