8 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Visit Waitomo Caves and get acquainted with Auckland, the so-called ‘City of Sails,’ on this private, full-day tour. After a panoramic tour of New Zealand’s largest city, you’ll be whisked away, past rolling hills, farmland and the Waikato River, to Waitomo Caves. Tour the cave network and learn about its history from your guide, then get up close to the glowworms during a magical boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto. This tour includes the services of your own personal guide and private vehicle.
- Private full-day tour to Waitomo Caves from Auckland
- Enjoy an introductory panoramic tour of Auckland
- Take in the views on the journey to Waitomo Caves in a private vehicle
- Explore a section of the cave network with a guide and learn about its history and the glowworms
- Cap your tour with a boat ride through the Glowworm Grotto
- Receive the undivided attention of your own private guide
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by private vehicle
Light refreshments and bottled water
Hotel pickup and drop-off
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Auckland Central , Auckland Central, Auckland Central, North IslandThis activity will end right where it started.Pickup available from any Auckland CBD hotels, Port, or Airport (additional charges may apply for port or airport)
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- All guides speak English. If you should need a guide that speaks one the following languages it will cost an additional flat rate of 150NZD per group booked: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Legend Tours and Travels Ltd
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: Waitomo Caves Day Trip from Auckland
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursFull-day ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAucklandBus Tours - North IslandFull-day Tours - North IslandBus Tours - Waiheke IslandFull-day Tours - Waiheke IslandBus Tours - TaurangaFull-day Tours - TaurangaCategory
Coast-to-Coast Walkway Tours & TicketsSculptureum Tours & TicketsTakapuna Tours & TicketsNorth Head Historic Reserve (Maungauika) Tours & TicketsMotutapu Island Tours & TicketsArataki Visitor Centre Tours & TicketsViaduct Harbour Tours & TicketsNew Zealand Maritime Museum Tours & TicketsOdyssey Sensory Maze Tours & TicketsSheepworld Tours & TicketsParnell Tours & TicketsAuckland Art Gallery Toi o Tamaki Tours & TicketsDevonport Tours & TicketsAotea Square Tours & TicketsMuriwai Beach Tours & TicketsPonsonby Tours & TicketsSkyJump Tours & TicketsMichael Joseph Savage Memorial Park (Savage Memorial) Tours & TicketsQueen Street Tours & TicketsSkyWalk Tours & Tickets