- Ferry crossing to Hydra, a pretty Greek island in the Aegean Sea
- Relax on the town beaches or take a water taxi to secluded bays
- Return by ferry in the late afternoon after a day’s idyll
- Includes pickup and drop-off at select central Athens hotels
Departure & Return
Our office is located 3 min walk from Acropolis metro station, beside Royal Olympic hotel. We offer free pick up service from Athens centrally located hotels. Please call +302109233166 at least 24 hours before your travel date in order to confirm your pick up time.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Enjoy the scenery and sea air on your journey, admiring the Greek coast and islands along the way. As you approach Hydra Town, take in the natural amphitheater of the harbor, where the quayside is ringed with pastel-colored houses and mansions from the 18th and 19th centuries.
Then, step ashore and enjoy hours to explore and relax as you wish. All your activities on the island, including meals, drinks, boat trips, and sightseeing are at your own expense.
A favorite haunt of artists and musicians in the 1960s and 70s, this picturesque island offers a timeless Greek atmosphere tinged with a cosmopolitan vibe. No motor vehicles are allowed — apart from garbage trucks — with the only transportation provided by bicycle, donkeys, and water taxis — adding to the slow pace.
Perhaps start by watching the boats come and go over coffee, and then delve into Hydra’s quaint, paved lanes. Admire the stone houses and flower-filled gardens, and browse the chic shops and boutiques before enjoying lunch (additional cost) in a taverna or café.
If you wish, seek out some of the pretty beaches. Hydra has many swimming spots and bays, some on the edges of Hydra Town, and some in more remote locations, accessible by boat (additional cost).
As the day draws to a close, perhaps finish at one of Hydra Town’s popular bars. Cocktail lounges and music clubs can be found all around town.
Then, relax on your ferry journey back to Piraeus, where your trip ends with a drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This excursion is unescorted and gives you the freedom and flexibility to enjoy your time on the island at your own leisure
- Exact departure/arrival times depend from the availbaility of the ferry tickets
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please advise your nationality upon booking. Is required for the issuance of the ferry tickets.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Keytours - Greece
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "Again, the day at Hydra was one of a kind and I do recommend, but find a decent way to reach there." See review