- Private half-day tour of Athens
- See top Athens' attractions, including the National Gardens and the Panathenaic Stadium
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your guide on this special private walking tour
Departure & Return
Departure time : 9:30 AM - Please be at the meeting point 15 min. prior to given departure time (if you would like to arrange a different departure time, please notify us accordingly at the time of booking) The meeting point is inside the Syntagma Metro Station, next to the ticket validating machines, underneath the hanging clock. The tour guide will be holding an orange colored sign to identify them.
Finnish your tour at the vibrant Flea Market in the Monastiraki area.
What To Expect
Next, head to the House of Parliament, where the presidential guards stand watch over the Monument to the Unknown Soldier. Witness the ceremonial changing of the guards before traveling through the National Gardens.
In the gardens, check out the Presidential Residence and the marble Panathenaic Stadium, the site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896.
Journey next to the neoclassical Zappeion Hall, a treat for any architecture buff, as you study the remaining Corinthian columns of Hadrian's Arch and the Temple of Zeus.
Then head to the neighborhood of Plaka, filled with traditional Greek restaurants and local shops. Soak up the area’s bustling atmosphere and walk along the narrow streets that nestle into the slope of the Acropolis.
As this is a private tour, enjoy the chance to ask your guide plenty of questions as you go, leaving with a deeper understanding of Athens' ancient city. After admiring the Greek Orthodox cathedrals at Mitropoleos Square, your tour will conclude here.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- During winter (November 1 to March 31) the latest starting time for tours will be 11:30am due to earlier closing times for archaeological sites and museums
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Athens Walking Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms