4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Visit one of Greece’s most picturesque coastal viewpoints on a half-day small-group tour from Athens to Cape Sounion. Travel by minivan along south Attica’s scenic shoreline roads to reach the ancient Temple of Poseidon, built atop a towering sea cliff with fantastic views of the Aegean. Explore the ruins of this temple dedicated to the Greek god of the sea, and opt for an afternoon tour to catch a famously beautiful sunset.
- Explore the ancient Temple of Poseidon on a tour from Athens
- Round-trip transfers from your Athens hotel included
- Admire the views of the Aegean Sea and learn about ancient Greece
- A small group ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Food and drinks
Entrance fees to the Temple of Poseidon (10 euros per person)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up and drop off is included from all centrally located Athens hotels and apartments. Just inform us during the booking of the hotel you are staying at, or apartment address. If the hotel /apartment is not accessible (e.g narrowness, pedestrian area) we will apoint a nearby meeting point for picking you up.You will receive an email from us us with the exact pick up time 48 hours prior departure.Please notice that pick up commerce 40 -50 minutes prior departure
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Don't forget to bring your swimsuit and towel if you like to swim
- Starting time may vary based on the sunset time of each month
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Post Covid 19 Policy: Vehicles will be sanitized before every pick up. Hand sanitizing done before departure and after every major stop.Maximum 6 clients in a 12 seater minibus to secure social distance between tourists ( for shared small group tours only). All our vehicles will operated with 50% capacity ( for shared small group tours only). Face masks available for clients. Guides will wear facemasks and use microphone when guiding. Fresh trash bag will be place in every vehicle and waste will be destroyed at the end of the tours.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY GETAWAYS GREECE
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
How can I let you know where to pick me up?
A:We offer pick ups from most hotels. Let us know where you are staying in the 'Special Requirements' box in the Traveler Details section during checkout. Or you can let us know after booking by visiting 'Manage my Booking' and emailing us there.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon Half-Day Small-Group Tour from Athens?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon Half-Day Small-Group Tour from Athens?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon Half-Day Small-Group Tour from Athens?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon Half-Day Small-Group Tour from Athens?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The countryside is beautiful and when you have a good group on the bus, it can be real fun." See review
- "If you’re a small group we would recommend hiring a car instead and saving yourself some money." See review
- "There is a 30 min stop at the beach where you can cool off before going to the temple." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon Half-Day Small-Group Tour from Athens
4 to 5 hours
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingAthensBus Tours - OlympiaArchaeology Tours - OlympiaHistorical Tours - OlympiaHalf-day Tours - OlympiaBus Tours - SantoriniArchaeology Tours - SantoriniHistorical Tours - SantoriniHalf-day Tours - SantoriniBus Tours - IzmirArchaeology Tours - IzmirHistorical Tours - IzmirHalf-day Tours - IzmirCategory
Allou! Fun ParkParliament Building (Vouli)Philopappos Hill (Filopappou)Vouliagmeni Lake (Limni Vouliagmenis)Frissiras MuseumAcademy of Athens (Akadimía Athinón)Piraeus Cruise PortByzantine & Christian MuseumFloating Naval Museum—Battleship Georgios AverofArch of HadrianGaziAthens National Archaeological Museum (Ethniko Arxaiologiko Mouseio)Olympic Stadium (OAKA)Mt. Lycabettus (Lykavittos)National History Museum (Ethnikó Istorikó Mouseío)Odeon of Herodes Atticus (Odeio Irodou Attikou)Eugenides Foundation PlanetariumKotzia Square (Plateia Kotzia)Ilias Lalaounis Jewelry MuseumMt. Parnassus (Parnassos)