- Insider tour of Athens
- Get off-the-beaten-track in neighborhoods like Psiri and Kolonaki
- Experience local life as you explore markets, coffeehouses, and street art galleries
- Pass historic sites like Kerameikos Cemetery and the Temple of Hephaestus
- Get the inside scoop from a local Athens guide
- Several departure times available throughout the day
- Experience the real Athens, beyond the top attractions
Departure & Return
Our guide will be waiting for you in front of the old church with the towerbell located in Monastiraki square holding a bag with the logo of Urban Athens Collective
What To Expect
Pass by the ancient ruins of the Theseion, or the Temple of Hephaestus, and the Kerameikos Cemetery, and marvel at Athens’ striking juxtaposition of the old and new as you continue through the lively Psiri district. As you explore the vibrant neighborhood, stop to admire some of the city’s most impressive street art and learn how the art form has its roots in ancient Greece.
After exploring the bars, galleries and crafts workshops of Psiri, head north to the Exarheia neighborhood, the center of Athens’ student quarter. Make a beeline for Athens Central Market and lose yourself amid the colorful stalls and throngs of locals. Stop to browse the produce, learn about delicious Greek cuisine and browse the myriad herbs and spices, then duck into a hidden coffee shop for a traditional Greek coffee (included). Along the way, listen as your guide points out popular stalls, unique buys and little-known cafés and restaurants, and make a note to return at a later date.
Finally, head to Kolonaki, Athens’ artistic quarter and main shopping center, located on the slopes of Lykabettus hill. Your walking tour ends here, so bid your guide farewell and continue exploring independently or take the opportunity to hit the shops.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is casual
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Urban Athens Collective
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms