3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Journey back to Ancient Greece on this guided tour of the UNESCO-listed Acropolis of Athens, including a visit to the New Acropolis Museum. Visit the Theatre of Dionysus and Dionysus Sanctuary, stroll past the Propylaea gateway and the Temple of Athena Nike, then stand in awe before the grand ruins of the Parthenon, looking down over Athens below. After exploring the sprawling citadel, follow your guide on a tour of New Acropolis Museum and learn more about the excavations as you browse more than 4,000 artifacts unearthed from the Acropolis.
- Walking tour of the Acropolis of Athens and the New Acropolis Museum
- Explore the UNESCO-listed archaeological site, with an expert guide during a guided tour
- Visit famous monuments including the Parthenon and the Temple of Athena Nike
- Take in breathtaking views of Athens from the acropolis' summit and learn about the excavation efforts
- Enjoy a guided tour of the New Acropolis Museum, which houses more than 4,000 artifacts
Saved to wishlist!
English speaking professional guide
Athens guide magazine
Small Group: max. 15 persons per group
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Entrance fees to the Acropolis and New Acropolis Museum
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointFresko Yogurt Bar Acropoli, Dionysiou Areopagitou 3, Athina 117 42, Greece
Return DetailsAcropolis Museum, Dionysiou Areopagitou 15, Athina 117 42, Greece
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- ENTRANCE FEES (TICKETS) ARE NOT INCLUDED - Please make sure you have cash (euros) as well as hold a valid ID or Passport for verification of age and nationality to purchase the tickets
- IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT BABY STROLLERS: Please have in mind that baby strollers are not allowed on the Acropolis, archaeological site and that there is no cloakroom at the side entrance we use to enter. For your own convenience, it is recommended to use a baby pouch instead of a baby stroller
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Small Group: max. persons per group: for the Acropolis visit 15 - for the Acropolis Museum visit 7
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Athens Walking Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Skip the Line Acropolis of Athens and New Acropolis Museum Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Skip the Line Acropolis of Athens and New Acropolis Museum Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
What is the social distancing policy during Skip the Line Acropolis of Athens and New Acropolis Museum Tour?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Skip the Line Acropolis of Athens and New Acropolis Museum Tour?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Make sure your wear good shoes, as the there is some climbing, as well as slippery marble in some areas." See review
- "Wear hiking style tennis shoes or boots depending on the time our year." See review
- "Not recommended for people who can't walk and stand much - there is a little bit of walking up inclines and it involves fair bit of just standing." See review
Product code: 2906NEWACROPOLIS
Explore Similar Things to Do
Archaeology ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingAthensArchaeology Tours - CorinthWalking Tours - CorinthHistorical Tours - CorinthHalf-day Tours - CorinthArchaeology Tours - VolosWalking Tours - VolosHistorical Tours - VolosHalf-day Tours - VolosArchaeology Tours - KalamataWalking Tours - KalamataHistorical Tours - KalamataHalf-day Tours - KalamataCategory
Allou! Fun ParkIlias Lalaounis Jewelry MuseumKolonaki Square (Plateia Kolonaki)Syntagma StationErechtheionAthens National Archaeological Museum (Ethniko Arxaiologiko Mouseio)Ghika Gallery (Pinakothiki Ghika)Athens War Museum (Polemiko Mouseio)Numismatic Museum of AthensMonastiraki Theatre of DionysusPiraeus Cruise PortMuseum of Cycladic ArtNational Gardens of Athens (Ethnikos Kipos)University of AthensFloating Naval Museum—Battleship Georgios AverofAnafiotikaAcademy of Athens (Akadimía Athinón)PropylaeaGazi