- Half-day private tour of the Arequipa countryside with a knowledgeable guide
- See pre-Inca farming terraces in the Paucarpata District
- Visit and learn about the 18th-century Sabandia Mill
- Explore the restored, colonial-era Founder’s Mansion
- Admire the Rio Chili in the former resort district of Tingo
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Departure & Return
Departure PointArequipa, Arequipa, Arequipa Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Tour departs from downtown Arequipa hotels.
Please Note: This service doesn't include pick up in private residencies, example; Airbnb
Address: The tour includes round-trip transfer from/To your hotel (must be located in a downtown area). One day prior your service, you will receive an e-mail indicating your pick up time.
Departure Point: Tour departs from downtown Arequipa hotels. Please Note: This service doesn't include pick up in private residencies, example; Airbnb
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Head south to the Sabandia District to visit the 18th century Sabandia Mil (El Molino de Sabandia); digest interesting information about the mill’s pivotal role in the surrounding villages’ survival then admire the structure’s picturesque perimeter.Next, journey to the village of Huasacache for the Founder’s Mansion, a grand colonial home once owned by Arequipa’s founder, Garcí Manuel de Carbajal. Admire antique furniture and classic art in the opulent rooms as your guide provides interesting commentary.
Return to your minivan for the scenic journey along Via Paisajista to the district of Tingo, a charming former summer resort situated on the banks of the Chili River. Finally, arrive at the magnificent mirador in Sachaca to enjoy panoramic vistas of Arequipa’s undulating hills and bounteous fields. Return to your original departure point at the end of your tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Viajes Pacifico
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour Arequipa: Countryside Tour, Sabandia Mill and Founder's Mansion.