- Half-day city sightseeing tour of Arequipa
- See top attractions like the Basilica Cathedral of Arequipa
- Admire the pearl-colored buildings that give the city its nickname – the White City
- Explore two colonial areas – St Lazarus and Yanahuara
- Visit the Monastery of St Catherine and enjoy its tranquil atmosphere
- Learn about the city’s history from your knowledgeable guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Stop first at the St Lazarus quarter, where Arequipa was founded. Walk down lovely streets lined with flowers and historic homes. At the Carmen Alto viewpoint, stop for views and photo ops of the surrounding farmland, framed by the Pichu Pichu, Cachani and Misti volcanoes.
See the Andalusian-style church and buildings in the Yanahuara colonial district. The white buildings here are made from sillar, a volcanic rock, giving the White City its nickname. Stop at another popular viewpoint, El Mirador de Yanahuara.
Continue to the Monastery of St Catherine, a Dominican religious site that was closed to the public for over 4 centuries. Walk through the nunnery's peaceful plazas, narrow alleyways and lush gardens.
Visit the Basilica Cathedral of Arequipa in the Plaza de Armas, dating from the 16th century. Learn about the history of the structure from your guide, then stop by cloisters at the Church of the Society of Jesus (Iglesia de los Jesuita).
At the conclusion of your city tour, return to your hotel for drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Note: Admission to religious places in shorts is not allowed; please wear long pants or a long skirt
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY VIPAC Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff