- Day trip to Pacaya Volcano from Antigua
- Get an up-close look at the active volcano as you hike to the top of Pacaya with your expert guide
- Admire picturesque views of the Fuego, Agua and Acatenango volcanoes
- Complimentary hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Antigua Guatemala.
What To Expect
Start your day with an 8am pickup from your Antigua hotel, taking a 15 mile (25km) drive southeast to the base of this lumbering giant. Upon reaching the base, you’ll begin a 2.5-hour climb to the peak with your guide, learning about the history of this unique volcano and the vegetation that thrives in this strange environment. A mild walk brings you the lagoon of Calderas, where you can take in the amazing views of three nearby volcanoes, including Agua, Fuego and Acatenango.
Then continue on towards a plateau in the trail, a vantage point from which you’ll be able to observe the main crater along with stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Due to safety concerns, you won’t venture all the way to the volcano’s crater, but you will have the chance to see glistening lava and a series of steam baths created by its heat.
Take a few moments to revel in the incredible views from up high before beginning your descent back down to the base and then back to Antigua for a drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Guatemalan Adventure
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Pacaya Volcano Day Trip from Antigua.
- "The air is so thin and it gets very steep at the end." See review