4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Get a glimpse of pre-Columbian life with a visit to archaeological site Iximche. Just 90 minutes from Antigua, this site was once capital of the Kaqchikel Maya Kingdom. Thanks to excellent restoration you can visit former palaces, temples, plazas, ball courts, murals, and a small museum of artifacts. Your guide will share background and point out historical details, such as signs of human sacrifice that linger at the site.
- Tour the palaces, temples, and ball courts of a Maya kingdom
- Licensed bilingual guide provides historical context
- Entrance fees and bottled water included
- Easy transport from Antigua with hotel pick-up and drop-off
Saved to wishlist!
Licensed Bilingual Guide
All Fees and Taxes
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
3a Calle Oriente 28 A, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
Our staff is trainned to ask for you at your hotel.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum of 2 participants (Adults) required for the tour to run.
- It is recomended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera
- Please contact us if you need a guide in any other language like French, German or Italian, this is subject to additional costs and guide availability
- For special group discounts; please contact us to arrange
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY GUATRIPS 4-20 Friendly Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during IXIMCHE MAYAN RUINS TOUR from La Antigua?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during IXIMCHE MAYAN RUINS TOUR from La Antigua?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Compare Similar Experiences
IXIMCHE MAYAN RUINS TOUR from La Antigua
4 to 5 hours
2 hours 50 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAntiguaBus Tours - Central HighlandsArchaeology Tours - Central HighlandsHistorical Tours - Central HighlandsHalf-day Tours - Central HighlandsBus Tours - Guatemala CityArchaeology Tours - Guatemala CityHistorical Tours - Guatemala CityHalf-day Tours - Guatemala CityBus Tours - PanajachelArchaeology Tours - PanajachelHistorical Tours - PanajachelHalf-day Tours - PanajachelCategory
Catedral de Santiago (Antigua Cathedral) Tours & TicketsPalace of the Captains General (Palacio de los Capitanes Generales) Tours & TicketsAntigua City Hall (Palacio del Ayuntamiento) Tours & TicketsJade Factory and Museum (Jade Maya) Tours & TicketsCasa Santo Domingo (Monasterio de Santo Domingo) Tours & TicketsSanta Catalina Arch (Arco de Santa Catalina) Tours & TicketsMuseum of Colonial Art (Museo de Arte Colonial) Tours & TicketsAcatenango Tours & TicketsLas Capuchinas (Convento de Las Capuchinas) Tours & Tickets