2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Regular temperature checks for staff
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Get an in-depth look at LGBT history in Amsterdam on this walking tour with a guide who lived through the beginnings of the movement. Listen to an oral history of the 1980s and 1990s, when Amsterdam was the gay capital of the world, and visit landmarks important to LGBT history. With a small group of just 10 people, you'll have plenty of chances to ask questions and enjoy an intimate group atmosphere.
- Guide fills you in on the gay history of Amsterdam
- Small group of 10 people or fewer
- Personalized attention from your guide
- Tour guide who lives through the beginning of the gay movement in Amsterdam
Saved to wishlist!
The tour includes only the tour guide, bring your own water and walking shoes.
Departure & Return
Departure PointWestermarkt 2L, 1016 DK Amsterdam, Netherlands
Return DetailsCafé 't Mandje, Zeedijk 63, 1012 AS Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- As its a walking tour for about 2 hours you should be able to keep up. Wheelchairs is possible as we have had them in the tour.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Special Amsterdam Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on sanitization during Gay LGBT History Tour Amsterdam, 2 Hours Walk about Amsterdam's Gay LGBT History?
The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Gay LGBT History Tour Amsterdam, 2 Hours Walk about Amsterdam's Gay LGBT History?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Gay LGBT History Tour Amsterdam, 2 Hours Walk about Amsterdam's Gay LGBT History?
The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 73857P1
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingAmsterdamWalking Tours - ZaandamHistorical Tours - ZaandamWalking Tours - HoornHistorical Tours - HoornWalking Tours - The HagueHistorical Tours - The HagueCategory
Amstel RiverMuseum Van LoonDe Gooyer WindmillPortuguese SynagogueThe Nine Streets (De Negen Straatjes)Royal Palace Amsterdam (Koninklijk Paleis Amsterdam)MadurodamZuiderzeemuseumWesterkerk (Western Church)NEMO Science MuseumNational Holocaust Memorial (Hollandsche Schouwburg)Emperor's Canal (Keizersgracht)National Maritime Museum (Het Scheepvaartmuseum)Houseboat Museum (Woonboot Museum)Artis Amsterdam Royal Zoo (Natura Artis Magistra)Pathé Tuschinski TheaterDutch Resistance Museum (Amsterdams Verzetsmuseum)PrinsengrachtHomomonumentAmsterdam Cruise Port