- See landmarks such as the Jewish Historical Museum, the Portuguese Synagogue, and the Auschwitz Monument
- Learn about Amsterdam during WWII and the Nazi occupation
- Discover the story of Anne Frank and pass by the Anne Frank House
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people ensures a personalized experience
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: In front of the Jewish Historical Museum Note: this tour does NOT start at the Anne Frank House! Address: Nieuwe Amstelstraat 1 You can recognize your guide by the orange 360 umbrella Directions: Tram 14, tram stop Waterloo Square (Waterlooplein)
Tour ends in front of the Anne Frank House (entrance ticket is NOT included).
What To Expect
Along the way, learn more about Amsterdam’s troubled past, as you hear about the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands between 1940 and 1945, and the effects of the brutal regime not only on the Jewish community but on the everyday lives of all those living in Amsterdam. See the head office of the Jewish council and hear about key events such as the Winter of Hunger and the February Strike as you pass monuments like the Dokwerker and the Auschwitz Monument.
You’ll also learn more about the Dutch resistance and how they offered secret hiding places to families like the Franks. Your tour ends outside the Anne Frank House, where you’ll learn more about her now-legendary diaries and how they came to be published by her father Otto Frank. Entrance to the museum is not included, but you can opt to visit independently after the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Entrance ticket to Anne Frank House is not included. This tour does not grant you access or allow you to enter the Anne Frank House.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please check the weather predictions and dress accordingly
- Entrance ticket to the Portuguese Synagogue and to the Jewish Historical Museum are not included. This tour does not grant you access or allow you to enter either of these buildings.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY 360 Amsterdam Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience