2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Feel the pulse of Amsterdam’s Red Light District and coffee shops on a private walking tour with a local guide. As you stroll the cobbled lanes, see red-lit windows, sex shops, and erotic theaters; and listen as your guide separates facts from fiction about the area’s past and the legalization of prostitution in 2000. Discover Amsterdam's coffee shop culture or upgrade to include admission to the Sexmuseum, whose exhibits chart eye-popping erotica through the ages.
- Hear the facts and fiction behind Amsterdam’s tolerant attitudes and laws
- Learn about the area’s colorful past and how prostitution came to be legalized
- Visit a vibrant coffee shop to learn about Amsterdam's coffee shop culture
- Upgrade to visit the Sexmuseum, a showcase of historical erotic art and objects
Saved to wishlist!
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointAmsterdam, Centraal Station, 1012 TM Amsterdam, Netherlands
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Trigger Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: Amsterdam Red Light District and Coffee Shop Tour?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "Hopefully such small private tours will continue to be allowed, because this was not really a tour - it was an opportunity to experience a very real place with someone who was more than a local friend than a guide." See review
- "We highly recommend this tour for learning about the intricacies and the culture of the city , it goes above and beyond any standard walking tour!"
Product code: 9093P3
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesCity ToursWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesAmsterdamUnique Experiences - ZaandamCity Tours - ZaandamWalking Tours - ZaandamHistorical Tours - ZaandamUnique Experiences - HoornCity Tours - HoornWalking Tours - HoornHistorical Tours - HoornUnique Experiences - The HagueCity Tours - The HagueWalking Tours - The HagueHistorical Tours - The HagueCategory
TropenmuseumAmstel RiverNew Market Square (Nieuwmarkt)FOAM Photography Museum Amsterdam (Fotografiemuseum Amsterdam)Hash Marihuana & Hemp MuseumInner Court & Hall of Knights (Binnenhof & Ridderzaal)Westerkerk (Western Church)Museum Quarter (Museumplein)Houseboat Museum (Woonboot Museum)Body Worlds Amsterdam Ripley's Believe It or Not! AmsterdamHerengrachtJordaanMuseum Our Lord in the Attic (Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder)De Gooyer WindmillDelftThis is HollandKalverstraatWaterlooplein MarketDapper Market (Dappermarkt)