- Private half-day Mount Nebo and Madaba tour from Amman or the Dead Sea
- Visit Mount Nebo, where Moses saw the Promised Land and died
- Gaze at the Jordan Valley and ancient mosaics at the Memorial Church
- See the 6th-century mosaic Madaba Map at St. George’s Church in Madaba
- Choose an Amman or Dead sea departure
- Private transport, admission fees, and hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Price per vehicle, with a maximum of seven people
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Then, gaze at Jordan’s countryside as you travel by private, air-conditioned vehicle toward Mount Nebo. Your driver will point out places of interest on route, but will not act as your guide at the sites.
Arrive at the sacred hill, where ancient tradition holds that the prophet Moses was granted a view over the Promised Land before he died. Hop out, and choose to explore independently or hire a local guide (own expense).
Admire the spectacular views over the Jordan Valley, which on a clear day, can stretch to Jericho and Jerusalem. See where Moses is said to have died and the modern sculpture representing his staff on the summit.
Go inside the Memorial Church of Moses, and stroll around the ancient relics, excavated during the 20th century. Admire the still-vivid floor mosaics that date from the 6th century, and which show animal, pastoral, and hunting scenes.
Next, reconvene with your driver and continue to Madaba, the ‘City of Mosaics.’ On arrival, visit St. George’s Church, the 19th-century basilica that houses the Madaba Map, a 6th-century floor mosaic depicting the ancient Holy Land and Jordan.
Choose to visit the church by yourself or hire a local guide (own expense), and walk around the map inside the apse. Admire the richly detailed mosaic, noting the intricate representations of Jerusalem, the Dead Sea, Jericho, and other sites connected to biblical events.
Lastly, relax on your return ride to Amman or the Dead Sea where your trip ends with a hotel drop-off.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A guide is not included in the cost of your tour. Your driver will be very informative and be able to point out and explain sites as you drive past. Many people prefer to visit the sites and follow the walking tracks on their own, although there will be local guides available for hire on arrival at Mt Nebo or Madaba. Your driver will be happy to assist you with any questions or exchange of money.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY R&H VIP Transportation Services & Car Rental
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- "You can arrange private taxi in similar price or even cheaper, so this trip is not very competitive." See review