- Full-day private Petra tour from Amman
- Round-trip transfer from airport or hotels
- Entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
- Ideal choice for families
- Instant Confirmation
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Upon arrival at Petra, continue on foot to the most important landmarks in the archeological site: enter ancient temples carved from solid rock, and see tombs that date back to 300 BC. Visit the treasury, the theater, and the monastery, whose inscriptions dedicate it to Obodas I, a king of the Nabateans. Learn about Petra’s fascinating history and rediscovery as you walk, and examine the best of the city’s carvings and architecture.
In ancient times, Petra was an important link on desert caravan routes, and traders passed through carrying incense, silks, and spices between Asia and Europe. In addition to the religious and public sites, you’ll find fascinating infrastructure from those Nabatean times, such as channels, dams, cisterns, and mines.
Continue to the Wadi al-Mahfur, climbing 1,050 stairs to the High Place of Sacrifice for spectacular views of the desert. After completing your tour of Petra Archeological Site, make the return trip to Amman, where this tour concludes with drop-off at the location of your choice.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of seven people is allowed per booking
- This tour comes with three options ( Transport only , Petra with a guide , and Petra with a guide and entry fees)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Jordan Private Tours and Travel
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands