11 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Discover UNESCO–listed heritage and ancient treasures from a lost civilization on this Petra day trip from Amman. Visit the UNESCO–listed city of Petra and delve into deep canyons beneath towering sandstone cliffs with your guide. Admire intricate rock carvings on the mighty facade of the Treasury (Al-Khazneh) and listen as your guide explains their significance. Explore the desert-city on foot and discover top attractions such as the amphitheatre and royal tombs. Then, enjoy free time at your leisure in Petra before your return journey to Amman.
- Day trip to Petra from Amman with an expert local guide
- Start with a walk or short horseback ride to the entrance of the Siq
- Enjoy a comprehensive walking tour around Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Stroll through the Siq, and see the Treasury, Royal Tombs and amphitheater
- Learn about Petra’s use as a filming location in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Make the most of some free time to explore the Nabataean city at your own pace
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pick up and drop off
Private Transfer by air-conditioned leisure new vehicle according number of participants
Horse ride before the “Siq
Local English-Speaking Guide for the classic visit of Petra
Amman Panoramic visit with view point from the Citadel
On board WI-FI
One day entrance fees to Petra; if option Jordan Pass not selected
All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
All type of beverages
All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver, Guide, and Horse Boy) – Recommended
Anything else not mentioned
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- For clients with mobility issues please contact us – for Golf Cart services at Petra please contact us
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Zaid Tours and Travel
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Petra Day Trip Including Amman Sightseeing from Amman?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Petra Day Trip Including Amman Sightseeing from Amman?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Petra Day Trip Including Amman Sightseeing from Amman?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Petra Day Trip Including Amman Sightseeing from Amman?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "I had an excellent driver who makes passengers comfortable and safety first." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Petra Day Trip Including Amman Sightseeing from Amman
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingAmmanBus Tours - JerusalemArchaeology Tours - JerusalemHistorical Tours - JerusalemFull-day Tours - JerusalemBus Tours - BethlehemArchaeology Tours - BethlehemHistorical Tours - BethlehemFull-day Tours - BethlehemBus Tours - Tel AvivArchaeology Tours - Tel AvivHistorical Tours - Tel AvivFull-day Tours - Tel AvivCategory