- 3.5-hour whale watching tour on a traditional Icelandic schooner
- Be part of the crew by helping sail the ship
- Special cold-weather suits provided to keep you warm and dry
- Narration by guides as you search for whales
- Cinnamon buns and hot chocolate
- Multiple departure times available
Departure & Return
Meeting point is at North Sailing ticket office in Husavik at least 30 minutes before departure. Just look for a brown glass building with whale drawings and green letters on top saying Whale Watching Centre. Across the street from the Husavik Church.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Tours depart from Húsavík harbour, just a 2-minute walk from the ticket office, at 9:30am, 11am, 2:30pm, and 4pm. Choose your preferred departure time at checkout and arrive 15 minutes ahead of time.
At the harbor, step aboard one of two traditional wooden sailing boats, the Haukur or the Hildur. Once you are on board, you can immerse yourself in the traditional Icelandic sailing culture by lending a hand and becoming part of the crew if you like, hoisting sails and hauling ropes. You'll be provided with special cold-weather suits to keep you warm and dry while you look for whales and listen to your guides' commentary about the natural environment. On the way back to the harbor, enjoy cinnamon buns and hot chocolate.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- OPERATED BY North Sailing
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands