Explore our promoted experiences
- Whale watching tour from Hjalteyri
- Cruise across the Eyjafjörður fjord on a traditional wooden ship
- Spot minke, humpback, and orca whales in their natural environment
- Tuck into hot chocolate and cinnamon buns on-board
- Choice of departure times available throughout the day
Departure & Return
Meeting point is at North Sailing ticket office in Hjalteyri at least 30 minutes before departure. Just look for a small building with whale photos down my Hjalteyri Harbour. Next to the big concrete factory and the restaurant.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Along the way, listen as your guide explains the many species of whales found in Iceland, and perhaps spot minke, humpback, and orca whales swimming and playing in their natural environment.
On the way back to shore, warm up with a hot chocolate and some delicious cinnamon buns.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code: Warm clothes, hats, gloves, good shoes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 46 travelers
- OPERATED BY North Sailing
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands