7 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
While your cruise ship is docked in Marseilles, get a flavor of France's oldest city and Aix-en-Provence on a full-day shore excursion. Admire Provence’s pretty countryside as you travel to the lovely city of Aix. Enjoy free time to explore the delightful squares and markets of this historical town, and perhaps visit Paul Cezanne’s studio (own expense), where the Impressionist painted ‘The Bathers.’ Later, take a panoramic tour of Marseille, seeing landmarks such as the Basilica of Notre Dame and Chateau d’If, and the elegant mansions along the scenic Corniche.
- Full-day Marseille and Aix-en-Provence shore excursion from Marseille, with a local guide
- Admire Provence’s idyllic countryside on a drive to Aix-en-Provence
- Enjoy free time to explore Aix's squares, markets and fountain-lined avenues
- Take a panoramic Marseille tour to see attractions such as the hilltop Basilica of Notre Dame and Old Port
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Saved to wishlist!
Port pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Food and drinks
Hotel pick up / drop off
Departure & Return
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- If your ship has to leave at 4pm or earlier the departure time of the tour might need to be amended. You will be emailed by the local supplier to inform you of any changes if necessary
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- Please wait at the exit of the ship/cruise terminal, do not start to walk on the port area.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Provence Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Marseille Shore Excursion: Marseille and Aix-en-Provence?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Marseille Shore Excursion: Marseille and Aix-en-Provence?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Marseille Shore Excursion: Marseille and Aix-en-Provence?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Marseille Shore Excursion: Marseille and Aix-en-Provence?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "The half day tours should not be grouped with the full day tours." See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Marseille Shore Excursion: Marseille and Aix-en-Provence
1 hour 35 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsBus ToursPorts of Call ToursFull-day ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingAix-en-ProvenceShore Excursions - ProvenceBus Tours - ProvencePorts of Call Tours - ProvenceFull-day Tours - ProvenceShore Excursions - MarignaneBus Tours - MarignanePorts of Call Tours - MarignaneFull-day Tours - MarignaneShore Excursions - MarseilleBus Tours - MarseillePorts of Call Tours - MarseilleFull-day Tours - MarseilleCategory