- Formula race car driving experience in Abu Dhabi
- Receive lessons and feedback from a racing instructor
- Drive the 3000cc V5 race car around a track
- Challenge yourself to improve your turns and other racing techniques
Departure & Return
Yas Marina Circuit, Gate# 7, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Next, it's time to put yourself in the shoes of a professional race car driver as you're taken to the back pits for another briefing before being strapped into the car, with a 3000cc V6 engine developed specifically for the circuit by high-performance Formula One engineering company Cosworth. You'll feel each bump and sensation of your drive as you follow your instructor, who paces laps around the track.
The car provides razor-sharp responses with its wings and slick tires; make sure to relax behind the wheel, as the tiniest movement creates a change in direction. You'll be in charge of the paddle shifters, which help shift the gearbox up and down. Two onboard video cameras capture your drive so you can re-live the action later (video available to purchase).
During your driving session, your challenge is to improve your technique. Afterward, your instructor provides feedback you can use in any later driving experiences you may have. Friends and family are welcome to watch you on the track.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Drivers should be at least 19 years of age.
- Drivers should not weigh over 105 kgs.
- Drivers must be between 160 cms and 190 cms tall.
- Drivers should hold a valid driving license from their home country or an international driving license.
- Non-UAE license holders should have held their license for minimum 2 years before the date of the experience.
- Drivers should hold a clear copy of their drivers license and present the same, if requested by the customer service team.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Drivers should have a good knowledge of the manual transmission though automatic transmission licenses are accepted.
- The license covering manual transmission is an advantage, though not mandatory.
- Waiver forms should be filled in online and sent to the customer service team along with a copy of your driver’s license 2 days before the date of the experience.
- Arrive 30 mins prior to your experience/tour start time.
- Wear closed-toe, soft-soled shoes. Sandals or high heels are not allowed.
- Any abusive behaviour or safety violations will lead to penalizing or be reported to authorities as necessary.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Alcohol cannot be consumed in the period prior to your driver experience. Any accidents that occur due to the influence of alcohol will be reported to authorities and drivers will be liable for damages incurred.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- OPERATED BY Yas Marina Circuit
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Formula Yas 3000 Driving Experience.