Things to Do in Zurich This Fall
With the end of the summer vacation season, fall brings cooler temperatures—and fewer visitors—to Zurich, creating an ideal atmosphere to wander along the Limmat River, explore the Old Town, dine out at local restaurants, and take day trips without the peak crowds. Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy the autumn.
- Learn about the history and culture of Switzerland at the Swiss National Museum.
- Admire art from around the world at Museum Rietberg in the lakeside suburb of Enge.
- Get cozy on a tuk-tuk tour through town that includes wine and fondue.
- Eat your way through the Old Town on a chocolate and sweets walking tour.
- Head into the countryside to visit a cheese factory and admire the fall colors.
- Visit the Alpine towns of *Interlaken and Grindelwald to discover enchanting mountain scenery as the leaves turn.
- Journey into the Black Forest of Germany and learn about cuckoo clocks.
- Ride the cable car up to Felsenegg for views of the city and lake.