Kunsthaus Zurich Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Kunsthaus Zurich (also known as Zurich’s Museum of Art) is over a century old and contains more than 4,000 works of (mostly) European art making it one of the most important art collections in Switzerland. Works on display span the centuries, ranging from the medieval period to the 21st century.
The goal of Kunsthaus Zurich is to foster “living encounters” with art: curators present work that are not just old and beautiful but will also help visitors think about social issues of the past and present. The galleries display work by artists like Monet, Van Gogh, and Rodin and also boast a collection of work by Swiss artists. Book a private tour of the museum to learn more about the art.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Visitors must purchase separate entrance tickets for the permanent collection and temporary exhibits, though combination tickets are available for some exhibitions.
- Zurich Card holders get free admission to the gallery (along with admission to other sites and free use of the city’s public transportation system).
- Kids under 16 enter for free, and students get a discount.
How to Get There
To reach the museum on the city’s trams, take number 3, 5, 9, or 31, and get off at the Kunsthaus. There is also parking available near the museum.
When to Get There
Like many art galleries and museums in Europe, Kunsthaus Zurich is closed on Mondays. Tuesday–Sunday, the museum opens in the late morning and closes in the evening; exact hours vary throughout the week.
Visit the National Museum Zurich
To learn more about the country’s history, visit the National Museum Zurich, a branch of the Swiss National Museum (Schweizerisches Landesmuseum). The collection, housed in an impressive castle-like building , includes a variety of exhibitions that trace the country’s development, examine the area’s archeological wonders, and explore the history of the city of Zurich. One family-friendly exhibit even takes visitors on a “magic carpet ride” through history.
Address: Heimplatz 1, Zurich 8001, Switzerland
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Kunsthaus Zurich
No results found!
Things to do near Zurich
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Basel
- Things to do in Grindelwald
- Things to do in Interlaken
- Things to do in Bern
- Things to do in Lauterbrunnen
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Neuchâtel
- Things to do in Strasbourg
- Things to do in Innsbruck
- Things to do in Milan
- Things to do in Geneva
- Things to do in Central Switzerland
- Things to do in Swiss Alps
- Things to do in Alsace