Top York Day Trips
36 results | All York Tours
* A traveler said: "Great day out .got to see many parts of Yorkshire .with the highlight being the moors and a ride on a steam train .peter the guide was top draw explaining the whole day and telling us the times and places we had to be to pick up the mini bus .lovely day out cheers Pete"
* A traveler said: "Great trip, Lee the driver very informative would recommend to go on this trip, fantastic scenery beautiful little villages,"
* A traveler said: "Excellent trip and customer service. Ideal for solo travellers as well. Had a great time, enjoying the beautiful scenery. I loved visiting Abby and my only regret is that we couldn’t stay there a bit longer."
* A traveler said: "Great experience, great tour guide, great photo stop points and the stops planned have lovely villages. The guide was kind and caring and also got to know you as well as pointed out good places to visit whilst in different villages. Great trip to also go alone if you don’t have anyone to go with."
* A traveler said: "Fantastic tour, we loved every second, the conductor was brilliant! We really enjoyed it, the history was also fantastic."
* A traveler said: "Guide very knowledgeable, informative and amusing. Clear and easy to hear. Really enjoyed it. Couldn't believe how the guide remembered everyone's name. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to know some interesting facts about York's history and some of the well known and infamous characters."
* A traveler said: "The tour guide was very good, informative and entertaining. Good way to see the city would recommend to family and friends."
* A traveler said: "Fabulous and fun storytelling, with a mixture of spooky stories and gory history. 90 minutes flew by."
* A traveler said: "Being involved in the tour guides theatrical ghost stories also how our guide brought the ghost stories to life and was very funny"
* A traveler said: "The commentator - really fantastic knowledge along with good humour. Very entertaining. Lovely trip down the river Ouse, absolutely recommend."
* A traveler said: "It was a very informative adventure add a really great time doing it and you got to see York in more ways that you could imagine"
* A traveler said: "The guide was very informative about the local areas and its history. Always made sure we were OK and looked after us. Also gave good recommendations for the best places to eat along the journey."
* A traveler said: "I loved the entire experience. The itinerary was very well put together and the guide very professional and knowledgeable. It was lovely of him to stop when we wanted to take pictures. Thank you for a lovely experience, highly recommended."
* A traveler said: "Really enjoyed the stop at the saltsmills, would definitely go back there. The stop at the Bronte parsonage was great too and a lovely place to wander around and get lunch. Great afternoon stop in Bolton Abbey. Great day out. Thank you."
* A traveler said: "It is wonderful trip. Even with the inconvenience in traffic from Tour de Yorkshire, we visited all the destinations by the brilliant arrangement of Mark, our tour guide "Mark", who is very caring, attentive, and experienced. We love especially the visit to Hogsmeade station (Goathland station), like going back to Harry Potter's film, and travelling in the train. The Magpie cafe and the Whiteby Abbey are also amazing."
* A traveler said: "We had such å great time with this ture. The driver Trevor is Very accomodating, he knows å lot of information. We always use viator in any trips."
* A traveler said: "Excellent trip. Tour guide, Lee, from York though Moors & Dales to Lakes District & return was brilliant. Spent most of day with Lee. He was great! Friendly, informative, personable & thoughtful. Lisa who took us through Lakes District very good too. Very much enjoyed our day & the sights."
* A traveler said: "Great walking tour and Van Tour A lot of great information on the walking tour and the trip to the moors and coastal cities Driver - Pete - was great and Mat was very informative on the walking tour Well run"
* A traveler said: "We thoroughly enjoyed the day trip! It was so nice to visit familiar locations from Heartbeat series, and Whitby especially offered a lot."
Frequently Asked Questions
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Treasurer's House
- Yorkshire Museum
- Fairfax House
- Merchant Adventurers' Hall
- Henry VII Experience at Micklegate Bar
- Yorkshire Museum of Farming
- Jorvik Viking Centre
- Jorvik Dig
- York Maze
- York Army Museum
- Clifford's Tower
- Mansion House
- Beningbrough Hall
- York Brewery
- York Dungeon
- Barley Hall
- Goddards House and Garden
- National Railway Museum
- York Cold War Bunker