Republic Square, located in the heart of Yerevan, is a popular meeting spot for first dates and an even more popular destination for couples that are tying the knot. The iconic seven fountains, located in the center of the square, is part of an age-old Armenian wedding tradition that includes circling the square three times for love and good luck. Travelers who happen upon this classic square on busy weekends will likely see well-dressed couples taking part in this right of passage.
The park was designed by Alexander Tamayan and includes a sprawling mosaic rock “carpet”. Like other major cities, this square has become a gathering spot for locals and travelers who want to unwind outside as the sun sets or the day begins.
Republic Square Tours and Activities
What are Republic Square hours of operation?
Should I book Republic Square tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Republic Square 2021?
What's the best way to experience Republic Square?
- Horseback Riding in Armenia
- Yerevan: Old City Tour and Traditional Photo Shoot
- Photography tour in Yerevan (Yerevan city tour)
- Photo tour in Yerevan
Things to do near Yerevan
- Things to do in Tbilisi
- Things to do in Aspindza
- Things to do in Signagi
- Things to do in Mestia
- Things to do in Trabzon
- Things to do in Baku
- Things to do in Novorossiysk
- Things to do in Ankara
- Things to do in Turkish Black Sea Coast
- Things to do in Cappadocia
- Things to do in Sochi
- Things to do in Kayseri
- Things to do in Southern Russia
- Things to do in West Bank
- Things to do in Sloboda Ukraine region