Top Western Ireland Museum Tickets & Passes
Saved to wishlist!
3 results | All Western Ireland Tours
Sort by: Featured
Westport House is one of northwest Ireland’s most popular heritage sites, renowned for its 17th-century architecture, exquisite interiors, and magnificent gardens. This admission ticket grants full access to the house and gardens, so you can explore over 30 rooms, admire the grand Sicilian marble staircase, and stroll around the landscaped gardens, with views of Clew Bay and the Atlantic coast.
The Quiet Man Museum offers an on-set experience with exact replicas of all the key furnishings and artifacts from the movie including Sean Thornton’s big bed, Mary Kate’s cottage piano, china, pewter, cradle and the tandem bicycle, as well as costumes made by the same company – O’Maille’s of Galway – who made them for John Ford in 1951. Quiet Man enthusiasts can dress up in costume for photos. The Museum also showcases the largest collection of Irish newspaper articles from the time the movie was filmed, which were sourced through a painstaking trawl of the microfiche files in local libraries. This first hand account allows enthusiasts to read exactly what it was like when Hollywood took over the village of Cong in 1951. The Quiet Man Museum houses the original fishing rod used by Father Lonergan and Michaeleen Og’s horse Napoleon’s original harness and a first edition of the Maurice Walsh collection of short stories, Green Rushes, on which the screenplay for The Quiet Man was based.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Museum Tickets & Passes in Western Ireland?
The best Museum Tickets & Passes in Western Ireland according to Viator travelers are:
What Museum Tickets & Passes in Western Ireland are taking additional safety precautions?
These Western Ireland experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
- Dunguaire Castle's Medieval Banquet Tours & Tickets
- Kylemore Abbey and Victorian Walled Garden Tours & Tickets
- Westport House & Pirate Adventure Park Tours & Tickets
- Lough Corrib Tours & Tickets
- Galway City Museum Tours & Tickets
- Galway Arts Centre Tours & Tickets
- Wild Atlantic Way Tours & Tickets
- Westport House and Gardens Tours & Tickets
- Sky Road Tours & Tickets
- Galway Bay Tours & Tickets
- Dún Aonghasa (Dun Aengus) Tours & Tickets
- Doolin Cave Tours & Tickets
- The Spanish Arch Tours & Tickets
- Galway Cathedral Tours & Tickets
- Roundstone Harbor Tours & Tickets
- Poulnabrone Dolmen (Poulnabrone Portal Tomb) Tours & Tickets
- Galway Atlantaquaria Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in Galway
- Things to do in South West Ireland
- Things to do in West Midlands
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in Shannon
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in Killarney
- Things to do in Dingle
- Things to do in Cork
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in Northeast Scotland
- Things to do in East of England