Top Western Ireland Kayaking Tours
Saved to wishlist!
6 results | All Western Ireland Tours
Explore the coastline of County Clare from a unique perspective with a small-group sea kayaking tour. Launch from the pier at Liscannor and paddle to see panoramic views of Lahinch and the south coastline of Clare. Admire views of the rugged coast and keep an eye out for wildlife including seabirds and sea otters. See sandy beaches, dark caves, and unspoiled nature during the tour.
Go sea kayaking along the coastline of Roundstone Bay during this guided group tour. Meet your guide for a safety briefing and kayaking lesson before setting off on a sea kayaking excursion. Admire views of mountains, the colorful fishing village of Roundstone, and the rugged coastline during this kayaking tour near the Wild Atlantic Way. Experienced kayakers can explore across the bay to Inishlacken Island.
Come sunset kayaking on either beautiful Roundstone Bay or the tranquil waters of a nearby Connemara lough/lake, with the majestic Twelve Bens mountain range of Connemara as your backdrop on this evening adventure. For the more experienced kayakers watch the sun slowly setting as you kayak to deserted Inishlacken island in the bay or across the silver waters of a Connemara lough at dusk with your knowledgeable local guide. See abandoned ruins of houses on Inishlacken island, famed for its yearly artist retreat and fascinating local history. Explore the natural environment at dusk of this scenic bay on the Wild Atlantic Way at the foot of Errisbeg mountain at dusk or on one of the many famous loughs close to Roundstone. Take in the beautiful changing colours of the sunset from your kayak on the surrounding rugged land and seascapes before returning to the harbour of the colourful fishing village of Roundstone or to the lake pier.
Lough Gill is nestled between the Ballygawley mountains and the coastal town of Sligo. Scenic Lough Gill lake is the jewel in Sligo’s crown. From paddling alongside pristine old growth forest to exploring the lake’s many islands, there is something for everyone kayaking in this stunning area. This tranquil lake is surrounded by wild heather and gorse covered hills and is home to a diverse variety of wildlife often seen on our kayak tours – herons, cormorants, otters, deer and families of swans are seen daily as we silently glide from bay to bay and out to the lake islands
Come explore the stunning coastal inlets and small islands of Great Man’s Bay as you kayak to an off-shore island with an experienced local guide. The scenic Maamturks and 12 Bens mountain ranges of Connemara are your backdrop on this coastal kayaking adventure. Witness a variety of sea life that include seals and a range of shellfish like limpids, clams, mussels and scallops. More experienced kayakers have the option to continue across Great Man’s bay with their guide to the ruins of an old church and the priest’s residence, which during the old days the priest would make the journey by boat to say mass and then continue on horseback to Lettermullen village, 5 miles away to say mass there, before taking the return journey home. During late spring and into the summer this picturesque coastline is covered with wild flowers and the yellow Gorse is a beautiful sight with its bright yellow flowers and fragrant coconut smell.
Watch the sunset from a kayak during this guided island-hopping tour in Great Man’s Bay, County Galway. Meet your local guide for a safety lesson and then get in the water for a scenic paddle along the coast and out to an island offshore. See marine life such as seals during this guided kayaking excursion, timed to coincide with sunset. Learn how to kayak in a safe and scenic environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Kayaking Tours in Western Ireland?
The best Kayaking Tours in Western Ireland according to Viator travelers are:
What Kayaking Tours in Western Ireland are taking additional safety precautions?
These Western Ireland experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
- Galway Atlantaquaria Tours & Tickets
- Westport House and Gardens Tours & Tickets
- Galway Arts Centre Tours & Tickets
- Galway City Museum Tours & Tickets
- Lough Corrib Tours & Tickets
- Dunguaire Castle's Medieval Banquet Tours & Tickets
- Kylemore Abbey and Victorian Walled Garden Tours & Tickets
- Westport House & Pirate Adventure Park Tours & Tickets
- The Spanish Arch Tours & Tickets
- Dún Aonghasa (Dun Aengus) Tours & Tickets
- Galway Cathedral Tours & Tickets
- Galway Bay Tours & Tickets
- Doolin Cave Tours & Tickets
- Sky Road Tours & Tickets
- Roundstone Harbor Tours & Tickets
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets