Rapids Water Park Tours
Read MoreShow Less
West Palm Beach, Florida, institution for four decades, Rapids Water Park is home to 35 water slides that cater to everyone from thrill-seekers to families with small children. There’s a slide with 360-degree loops in total darkness and flume slides that drop riders down the ultimate vertical plunge, plus a wave pool and kid-size slides.
Rapids Water Park is organized into three types of rides: thrill rides, family rides, and kid rides. The thrill rides are for adventure-seeking teens and adults who love fast drops, spins, and twists and turns in total darkness. There’s also a Flow Rider for aspiring surfers and a racing slide. Family-friendly attractions include gentle tube and body slides that are fun for all ages, as well as splash pools and a lazy river.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Rapids Water Park is a great attraction for families with both young and older kids.
- Visitors can rent lockers and cabanas that include comfortable seating, TVs, and private lockers.
- An on-site gift shop sells towels, sunscreen, and other necessities.
- US Coast Guard–approved life jackets are available for guest use for no charge.
- Food and beverages cannot be brought into the park, but there are two full-service snack bars on-site.
How to Get There
Rapids Water Park is located at 6566 N. Military Trail in Riviera Beach, Florida, about seven miles (11 kilometers) northwest of West Palm Beach. From West Palm Beach, head north on I-95 to exit 74, 45th Street, and go west to Military Trail. Turn right and continue for 0.5 mile (0.8 kilometers); the park is on the right, and paid parking is available.
When to Get There
Hours vary depending on the season, but generally Rapids Water Park is open March through October. Weekends tend to be busier, especially in the peak summer months. Watch the park’s website for special offers and off-season deals. Sometimes the season will be extended into November, which can be a great time to visit, with pleasant weather and less crowding and wait time.
Hear the Thunder
One of the most popular rides at Rapids Water Park is Big Thunder, which takes up to four riders seated on a raft on a series of sharp turns inside a darkened tunnel. A full 45-degree drop then propels them into a funnel at 20 miles (32 kilometers) per hour, where they momentarily experience the sensation of zero gravity.
Address: 6566 N Military Trail, Riviera Beach, Florida 33407, USA
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Rapids Water Park
No results found!
Things to do near West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island