Things to Do in Washington DC This Spring
Cherry trees aren’t the only things blooming during spring in Washington DC, where mild weather is an invitation for outdoor sightseeing, walks by the Potomac, and more. Here are our favorite ways to enjoy DC in the spring, one of the best times of year to visit the capital.
- See the city from the top of an open-air,hop-on-hop-off-tourbus.
- Celebrate Juneteenth at theNational Museum of African American Heritage and Culture.
- Spot blooming cherry trees from the water on aPotomac River cruise.
- Make aday trip to Gettysburg, where springtime brings a carpet of flowers.
- Cruise between landmark monuments on aSegway tour of city highlights.
- Take a guidedtour of the Smithsonian Museums.
- Turn lunch or dinner into a special occasion bydining aboard a Potomac River boat.
- Enjoy comfortable temperatures on a guidedbicycle tour of DC.
- Brush up on your spycraft at theInternational Spy Museum.
- Pay your respects to soldiers, presidents, and astronauts buried inArlington National Cemetery.
9 Tours and Activities | All Washington DC Tours
- Washington DC Neighborhood Guide
- How to Experience Cherry Blossom Season in Washington DC
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Washington DC
- Washington DC Museum Guide
- Food Lover’s Guide to Washington DC
- How to Get Around in Washington DC
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Washington DC
- Things to Do in Washington DC This Spring