Things to Do in Washington DC This Fall
Fall foliage makes a colorful backdrop for Washington DC’s towering monuments and landmarks, and autumn is a wonderful time to explore America’s capital. Whether you’re all about history, checking out art, or enjoying the view from the Potomac River, use these tips to get inspired for a fall trip to DC.
- Cruise between monuments on a hop-on hop-off bus tour.
- Enjoy views of brilliant fall color by taking a day trip to Gettysburg.
- Bundle up for a nighttime tour of DC monuments by autumn moonlight.
- Spot riverside foliage on a Potomac River cruise.
- Visit Mount Vernon on a day trip and see gardens touched by fall color.
- Take an African American history tour of the city.
- Pedal between sights on a guided bicycle tour of DC.
- Tour the moving monuments, memorials, and graves at Arlington National Cemetery.
- Check out the Smithsonian Museums’ natural wonders and masterpiece artwork.
- Discover DC’s best bites on a gourmet tour of U Street or Georgetown.
- Washington DC Neighborhood Guide
- How to Experience Cherry Blossom Season in Washington DC
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Washington DC
- Washington DC Museum Guide
- Food Lover’s Guide to Washington DC
- How to Get Around in Washington DC
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Washington DC
- Things to Do in Washington DC This Fall