Capital One Arena
Formerly the Verizon Center, the Capital One Arena has dominated the Chinatown/Penn Quarter neighborhood since its construction in 1997. The massive indoor arena welcomes guests to a variety of sporting events, concerts, trade shows, and family shows as well as special events such as the historic Harlem Globetrotters and Washington International Horse Show. In addition to the games and shows, arena visitors can also enjoy lounges, clubs, shopping, and dining.
Things to Know Before You Go
- The arena is popular among sports fans and concert-goers.xa0
- There are ample food and beverage options within the arena.
- Wheelchair accessible seating, assisted listening devices, and sign language interpreters are available.
- Tickets can be purchased online or at the arena box office.
How to Get There
The Capital One Arena is conveniently located right next to the Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro stop (Red, Green, and Yellow lines) making it easy to reach the arena by Metrorail. It is also easily accessible on foot or by bus. Avoid driving your own car—traffic and parking are difficult during events.
When to Get There
Visit October through June for a basketball game or check the arena’s event schedule to catch a concert at any time of the year. The dates of other special events can also be found on the event schedule.
Exploring Chinatown and Penn Quarter The Capital One Arena has been at the heart of a redevelopment project that revitalized the Chinatown/Penn Quarter neighborhood. Beginning with the arena’s construction, the surrounding area has become a hub for entertainment. Visitors can enjoy lively bars, clubs, restaurants, and shopping opportunities of the surrounding 7th Street corridor before or after catching an event at the arena.
- Things to do in Williamsburg
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Virginia
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New York
- National Portrait Gallery
- Penn Quarter
- U.S. Navy Memorial
- Hard Rock Café Washington DC
- Ford's Theatre
- FBI Headquarters
- Petersen House
- Madame Tussauds Washington DC
- National Archives Museum
- Old Post Office Pavilion
- National Gallery of Art
- National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Church of the Epiphany
- National Theatre
- National Museum of Natural History