Ulysses S. Grant Memorial
Dedicated in 1922, the Ulysses S. Grant Memorial is one of the most famous—and most visited—Civil War Monuments in Washington, D.C. The towering bronze statue of this famous general atop his stoic horse is an iconic landmark in a city that’s full of memorials that pay homage to America’s far-reaching past. Travelers will note his look of calm amid the storm of war, a nod to his well-known even disposition—even under fire.
Four smaller pedestals topped with bronze lions surround the towering Ulysses S. Grant, and helped to make it the largest bronze statue in America cast during its time. Travelers say it’s among the grandest memorials in the city and its close proximity to the Capitol and the Botanical Gardens makes it an easy addition to an afternoon exploring D.C.
Tours and tickets to Experience Ulysses S. Grant Memorial
What are Ulysses S. Grant Memorial hours of operation?
Should I book Ulysses S. Grant Memorial tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Ulysses S. Grant Memorial 2021?
What's the best way to experience Ulysses S. Grant Memorial ?
- Sites by Segway In Washington DC
- Half-Day Grand Tour of Washington DC
- Washington DC City Day Tour with Stops at Top Attractions
- Monumental Electric Bike Tour
Things to do near Washington DC
- Things to do in Baltimore
- Things to do in Amboseli National Park
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Newark
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in New Haven
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Maryland
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Things to do in New Jersey