With three days in Warsaw, not only can tour the city’s highlights and enjoy a wealth of food, beer, and vodka, you’ll also have enough time to spend a day at a nearby World War II site. Here’s how to make the most of three days in the Polish capital.
Katyn Museum (Muzeum Katyńskie)
The Katyn Museum (Muzeum Katyńskie) is an annex of the Polish Army Museum, and is dedicated to the Katyn Massacre, a Soviet-directed mass murder of Polish Nationals by the secret police in the spring of 1940.
Located in the Czerniakowski Fort, you can see objects recovered from the POW camp, left by those murdered, photographs, and documents of both the crime and its victims. Also on exhibition in the fort is an impressive collection of Polish military aircraft and other weaponry.
Open Wed - Sun 10am - 4pm
Powsinska 13, Warsaw, 02-920
Located only ten minutes by car, twenty minutes by foot from the center of Warsaw's Old Town, the Polish Army Museum is located directly down the street from the Prince Josef Poniatowski bridge on the west side of the Vistula River.
The Katyń Museum, however, is farther down the river in the Sadyba neighborhood of the Mokotow district, about fifteen minutes by car out of the Old Town center.
- Things to do in Krakow
- Things to do in Poznan
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Wroclaw
- Things to do in Lviv
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Minsk
- Things to do in Berlin
- Things to do in Prague
- Things to do in Bratislava
- Things to do in Budapest
- Things to do in Lower Austria
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Bohemia
- Wilanow Palace (Museum of King Jan III)
- Palace of Culture and Science (Palac Kultury i Nauki)
- Warsaw Jewish Ghetto (Getto Zydowskie)
- Museum of Life Under Communism (Muzeum Zycia w PRL)
- Warsaw Royal Route (Trakt Królewski)
- Warsaw Uprising Museum (Muzeum Powstania)
- Warsaw Royal Castle (Zamek Krolewski)
- St. John's Archcathedral (Archikatedra Sw. Jana)
- Warsaw Old Town (Stare Miasto)
- Warsaw Old Town Market Square (Rynek Starego Miasta)