Top Vilnius Day Trips
48 results | All Vilnius Tours
* A traveler said: "Excellent trip and our tour guide was fantastic and informative Arrived in good time and we really enjoyed this trip"
* A traveler said: "I really enjoyed this tour. I was on a private tour by myself. My guide Andrus was great, very knowledgeable and his English was perfect. I learned a lot about Lithuanian history from him. Trakai castle is a stunning site, definitely a must do when you are in Vilnius. I can highly recommend this tour."
* A traveler said: "Thanks to our guide Andrius, we learned a lot about what living in the rural Lithuania was like over the past century or more. We learned the some of the small towns continue to be lived in as they have been over the centuries. We especially liked visiting Zervinos and learning about Lithuanian traditions that live on. We also had the opportunity to visit Grutas Park, which presented a disturbing look at life under Soviet rule after the end of WWII."
* A traveler said: "Anna was so knowledgeable and so thorough. Her friendly smile and lovely personality was a bonus.!!!"
* A traveler said: "Had a nice time, good and informative driver, and a tasty "business lunch" at a restaurant on the monastery grounds. The visit to Kaunas was definitely a highlight."
* A traveler said: "We had a really great time learning about the Soviet past of Vilnius and its impact/role in Lithuanian society. Our guide, Tadas, did an amazing job walking us through the key sites if the city, while also providing us with interesting stories and anecdotes from his past in the Soviet Union! Highly recomended"
* A traveler said: "It was a short ride to the hotel, but the gentleman driving us was very polite, super kind, and incredibly sweet. Would definitely book it again!"
* A traveler said: "A very good tour by a well informed guide (sorry, forgot the name of the young guy). Answer was found to every question. There is not awfully lot of walking during this tour if someone is worried about it. The participants were themselves an interesting really mixed international crown from four continents."
* A traveler said: "Really nice experience with a knowledgeable guide.Useful to learn the town so that you can move the next days..."
* A traveler said: "Enthusiastic guide Š. (sorry, dont'remember name), interesting places and stories. Not scary at all. Mayby litlle bit. Be ready to walk for two hours!"
* A traveler said: "Great, sweeping tour of history with a LOT packed into a single (enjoyable) day! My guide, Giedirus, was a smart, personable companion (he’s also a university teacher, which is always good) who took me off the beaten paths to see the city, the beautiful countryside, and the fairy tale Castle at Trakai. Kernave was a especially interesting addition to this tour because it sets up a missing part of the story that most people don’t see about how Lithuania became a culture during its pagan origins. Great tour!"
* A traveler said: "We had a fantastic day with our guide, Inga. She was very informative and a great person. She picked us up from our Airbnb, and we went around Vilnius; visiting town hall, various churches, a holocaust memorial, and Trakai castle. She was very accommodating, and we learned a lot about Lithuanian history."
* A traveler said: "Giedrius was a very flexible and accommodating guide, taking us to everything we wanted to see in about 9 hours. We especially enjoyed going to the Merkine Museum to learn more about my husband's heritage in Lithuania. The water sampling and cable car ride in Druskininkai was fun, the Pyramid of Merkine a bit eerie and Grutas Park definitely unique! Giedrius customized the trip so that I did not have to climb too many stairs due to my hip injury. Fantastic day."
* A traveler said: "Having an opportunity to visit the Homeland of my ancestors was a truly extraordinary experience. Our tour guide, Andrius took the stories of my childhood and turned them into memorable experiences. He brought us to a traditional farmhouse where we had a chance to go inside an see how my family lived. We were at the train station on the anniversary of the deportation of 300,000 Lithuanians to Siberia and experienced school children learning the history of the horror Lithuanians endured. We had an opportunity to see artifacts depicting daily living interpreted by two different artists. We had a spectacular traditional Lithuanian lunch consisting of cepelinai and cold beet soup. Andruis was so well versed in Lithuanian history, culture and charming stories. In particular he shared the stories of survival and deep faith as we arrived at the "Hill of Crosses". I knew the stories of my family's survival... this holy ground demonstrated how a nation and faith filled people could not be destroyed. I am deeply indebted to Andrius for being an engaging storyteller and an integral part of our Lithuanian journey."
* A traveler said: "We had a great day out of the city, in fact it was the best day we had in Lithuania. We especially enjoyed the ice cream treat after our hike in the trees!"
* A traveler said: "That was an excelent tour from a guide that has a great knowledge and experience in that kind of places.Thanks for such a wonderful day!"
* A traveler said: "All stops were splendid, our guide was knowledgeable and the day moved along at a nice pace. We highly recommend this excursion."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Bernardine Church (Bernardinu Parapija)
- Vilnius University (Vilniaus Universitetas)
- Vilnil Museum of Illusions
- Amber Museum-Gallery (Gintaro Muziejus-Galerija)
- Money Museum (Pinigu Muziejaus)
- Lukiskes Square (Lukiskiu Aikste)
- Bastion of the Vilnius Defensive Wall (Vilniaus Gynybines Sienos Basteja)
- Gediminas Castle Tower (Gedimino Pilies Bokstas)
- Druskininkai Aquapark
- National Art Gallery
- National Museum of Lithuania, New Arsenal
- Vichy Aqua Park (Vichy Vandens Parkas)
- Museum of Occupations and Freedom Fights (Okupaciju ir Laisves Kovu Muziejus)
- Presidential Palace
- Subacius Hill
- Palace of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania (National Museum)
- Vilnius TV Tower
- Gediminas Avenue (Gedimino Prospektas)
- Things to do in Minsk
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Warsaw
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Lviv
- Things to do in Kiev
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Krakow
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Sloboda Ukraine region
- Things to do in Transylvania