Vilnius TV Tower
Visitors can ride the elevator to the top of the TV tower and look out over Vilnius Old Town, Vingis Park, and the neighboring city of Elektrėnai from the circular observation platform. For the full experience, book a table at the revolving restaurant, and enjoy lunch or dinner with an ever-changing view of the city.
Things to Know Before You Go
The tower has an entrance fee; children under 5 get in free.
Visitors must undergo security checks, and large bags, strollers, and coats must be left in the cloakroom.
There is a bar-restaurant and gift shop at the tower.
The tower is accessible for those with restricted mobility, but the observation deck is inaccessible for those in wheelchairs.
How to Get There
The Vilnius TV Tower is located in the Karoliniškės district, at the western edge of Vingis Park. To get there by public transport, take trolley bus 16 from the central bus station and get off at Televizijos bokštas—you’ll see the TV tower. Alternatively, it’s about a 20-minute taxi ride from the Old Town.
When to Get There
The Vilnius TV Tower is open daily from late morning to late at night, with even later hours on Fridays and Saturdays. Tickets are cheapest if you visit between Monday and Thursday, and there are typically fewer crowds during this period. A popular time to visit is at sunset—stick around for dinner and enjoy a view of the city’s illuminations.
Historic Importance of the Vilnius TV Tower
For locals, the Vilnius TV Tower is more than just a notable landmark; it’s also an important symbol of resistance. In 1991, during Lithuania’s fight for independence from the Soviet Union, crowds of unarmed Lithuanian civilians turned out to protect the TV tower from being taken over by Soviet troops. The ensuing events saw 14 civilians lose their lives and more than 700 injured. Today, a memorial and exhibition is dedicated to them, located on the ground floor of the tower.
- Things to do in Minsk
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Warsaw
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Lviv
- Things to do in Kiev
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Krakow
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Sloboda Ukraine region
- Things to do in Transylvania
- Lukiskes Square (Lukiskiu Aikste)
- Museum of Occupations and Freedom Fights (Okupaciju ir Laisves Kovu Muziejus)
- National Art Gallery
- Gediminas Avenue (Gedimino Prospektas)
- Subacius Hill
- Money Museum (Pinigu Muziejaus)
- Presidential Palace
- Vilnil Museum of Illusions
- Vilnius University (Vilniaus Universitetas)
- Palace of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania (National Museum)
- National Museum of Lithuania, New Arsenal
- Vilnius Cathedral (Arkikatedra Bazilika)
- Gediminas Castle Tower (Gedimino Pilies Bokstas)
- Amber Museum-Gallery (Gintaro Muziejus-Galerija)
- Gate of Dawn (Ausros Vartai)