Vilnius Cathedral (Arkikatedra Bazilika) Tours and Activities
Vilnius Cathedral - or Arkikatedra Bazilika - can trace its history back to the 13th century when the Lithuanian King Mindaugas built the original cathedral in 1251.
Having been burnt down and rebuilt several times over the years, the cathedral’s final reconstruction is in the neoclassical style (1801) according to the design of Laurynas Gucevicius.
Under Soviet occupation, the cathedral was used as a garage and several statues were destroyed. It has undergone several restorations since that time and its elegant colonnaded façade, ornate interior and 57m-(187ft) tall belfry, continue to stand proud as a symbol of the country’s Catholic faith.
Tours and Activities to Experience Vilnius Cathedral (Arkikatedra Bazilika)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Vilnius - City of Contrasts - The Original City Tour by bicycle (bike+food tour)
- Full-Day Vilnius City Tour and Trakai Castle from Vilnius
- Small-Group - Bike Tour of Vilnius Highlights "Iconic Landmarks & Hidden Gems"
- Private Vilnius Old Town Walking Tour
- Things to do in Minsk
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Warsaw
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Lviv
- Things to do in Kiev
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Krakow
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Sloboda Ukraine region
- Things to do in Transylvania