Top Vancouver Island Whale Watching
26 results | All Vancouver Island Tours
* A traveler said: "We had a pod of orkas surface right nest to the boat. Later in the day we also had a hunchback whale surface off the back of the boat."
* A traveler said: "It was evident that our guides were knowledgeable, educated, and loved what they were doing. Our experience was wonderful and relaxing and we saw things we never imagined. The ocean life is amazing and I have a new respect for the creatutes that live there. Thank you for this experiece."
* A traveler said: "Our guide Rush was amazing. We saw 3 different groups of transient orcas and lots of seals. It was an incredible trip and worth every penny!"
* A traveler said: "An incredible experience. Adrian, our guide was the best. We got to follow a little group of orcas for a while. We saw humpback whale and seals as well. I couldn’t stop smiling. We learned a lot about humpbacks, seals and orcas. I totally recommend the tour."
* A traveler said: "Great crew, determined and high Spirited to find whales and wildlife. We found a groups of orcas amd tracked them and observed them in there natural habitat. Then we observed bald eagles and a large groups of seals. Dress in layers out in the open ocean it’s frigid they provide great warm equipment. Thanks again Pete and Lily!!!"
* A traveler said: "Andy was a great tour guide. He enthusiastically shared his knowledge and love for the history and food of the city. The sampling stops he selected were first class and the sample sizes sufficient to get a real taste without feeling bloated by the end of the tour."
* A traveler said: "Was a nice sunny morning. Had a lovely horse & carriage ride. Learned about some history of the area."
* A traveler said: "Very exciting! My 5 year old screamed on take off and landing then exclaimed, “that was so fun!” Lol"
* A traveler said: "Great crew, very knowledgeable and friendly., loved the different places you can sit and see. Great trip."
* A traveler said: "Had the best time ever. The naturalist answered all questions and had a close up encounter with the whale. Would recommend anyone to go ahead and book a tour Thank you Cheyenne for a wonderful trip that I’ll never forget Barb Traynor"
* A traveler said: "The guide was very knowledgeable and we saw a number of humpback whales, sea lions, harbour seals, porpoise and birds. The trip definitely did not disappoint!"
* A traveler said: "Watching the Whales jumping out of the water making a big splashing seen. The bird island is beautiful to see all these types of bird and amount of nests. Plus the sunset view is a breathtaking! The crew where fantastic"
* A traveler said: "Everything was great saw lots of whales. The guides were great and the boat ride was fun. We saw two separate family groups. One with three very playful whales and another group that had at least 5 in the group."
* A traveler said: "On Eagle Wing Sunset Excursion. Excellent experience saw lots of Orca's, crew (Peter and Karac) knew exactly where to go, where to position the boat for a great experience with respecting the Orca's. When floating some Orca's swam beside the boat. Crew was very knowledgeable and interacted very well with customers. Boat was very fast (faster than other boats that left at same time as our boat) so it allowed more time with Orca's. On the way back, near the end, they played Phil Collins songs, great way to end. Eagle Wing is carbon neutral and donates money to whale preservation which was important to selecting who we went with."
* A traveler said: "Great experience - we did have to connect with tour providers regarding pickups, which ended up working out fine. Greg, our Wine Tour Driver and expert was a very charming host and expert on the province and island. Pete, our Whale Watching Captain and guide was full of really amazing information. Both of them were very devoted to their work and we learned a lot, saw a lot, and had ALOT of fun! This is a GREAT day!!!"
* A traveler said: "Guides were very knowledgeable. Talked with everyone on the boat. Offered information about animals and surrounding areas. Very passionate, sensitive and caring. Made the tour a pleasure. The coffee and hot chocolate were a plus."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Art & Culture
- Food & Drink
- Likely To Sell Out
- Outdoor Activities
- In the Air
- Nature and Wildlife
- Bird Watching
- Dolphin Watching
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Encounters
- Wildlife Watching
- On the Water
- Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
- Cruises & Sailing
- Ports of Call Tours
- Shore Excursions
- Whale Watching
- How to Get Around
- Private and Luxury
- Sightseeing Tours
- Adventure Tours
- City Tours
- Whale Watching
- Tours by Duration
- Travel & Transportation Services