Manjusri Monastery (Manzushir Monastery)
The monastery is located 15 kilometers outside of Ulaanbaatar on the south side of Bogd Khan Uul Mountain.
This is a great way to escape from...
This is a great way to escape from the city for a day and get a little exercise. My girlfriend and I were the only 2 people in the group and we really enjoyed speaking with our informative and interesting guide. We did a 12-km round-trip hike to the top of Mt. Bogd Khan for some great views of the city. The hike is moderately strenuous and a good portion of it is on rocks or through a wooded area. We saw lots of squirrels, but no deer or foxes. We had a beautiful sunny day, and our hike was one of the highlights of our trip to Mongolia.
Richard W, Jun 2017
- Zaisan Memorial
- Choijin Lama Temple Museum (Choijin Lama Monastery)
- Bogd Khaan Palace Museum (Winter Palace of the Bogd Khan)
- Genghis Khan Statue Complex (Chinggis Khaan Statue Complex)
- Sükhbaatar Square (Genghis Khan Square)
- National Museum of Mongolia
- Gandantegchinlen Monastery (Gandan Khiid)
- Gorkhi-Terelj National Park
- Hustai National Park (Khustain National Park)