Sydney Cricket Ground Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Established in 1848, the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) is Sydney's primary venue for cricket and Australian rules football. It also serves as the home stadium for the New South Wales Blues cricket team and the Australian Football League’s Sydney Swans. The SCG holds just over 47,000 spectators.
The SGC has two historic stands: the members’ stands and the ladies’ stands. Beneath the ladies’ stands, you’ll find the SCG Museum, which focuses on the sporting and social activities that have occurred at the SCG over time. Visit just to watch a cricket match, or book a guided tour to see sites like the changing rooms and the television commentary box and to learn about the site’s history.
Things to Know Before you Go
- You must adhere to a dress code if you attend a match: Visitors may not wear shirts without a collar, ripped or soiled clothing, revealing tops (including halter or strapless tops), athletic shorts (or similar items), track pants, or casual sandals or slippers (or similar footwear). Visitors entering the Member Pavilion adhere to an even stricter dress code. See the stadium’s official rules for details.
- The SCG is wheelchair accessible, but those wishing to go on a tour should contact their operator or the SCG to make arrangements in advance.
- Alcohol, glass bottles, and aluminum cans are not allowed.
How to Get There
The cricket grounds are located in Moore Park, in the heart of Sydney, just east of the CBD. To reach the site via public transportation, you can take a variety of train, bus, or light rail to Central Station, which is about a 20-minute walk away. Public parking is also available in the area, and there are taxi stands on Errol Flynn Boulevard, a few minutes’ walk to the south.
When to Get There
Tours of the SCG are available Monday through Friday in both the morning and afternoon and on Saturday mornings. The museum is closed on all public holidays and on major match days, so plan accordingly. Check match schedules for details.
Moore Park Attractions
The Moore Park area is home to a variety of attractions and entertainment options, including tennis courts, a golf course, and the Allianz Stadium, which hosts soccer and rugby matches. The park's Entertainment Quarter, just south of the SGC, is home to lots of restaurants, bars, and shops as well as family-friendly entertainment options.
Address: Driver Ave, Moore Park, NSW 2021, Australia
Admission: Tours are available; prices vary per match
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Sydney Cricket Ground
No results found!
Things to do near Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Newcastle
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Brunswick Heads
- Things to do in Surfers Paradise
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Choc
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania