Due to its central location and historic status, Hyde Park features on plenty of Sydney sightseeing tours. Explore the park as part of a bike tour, which allows you to cover more sights in less time, or get a more intimate glimpse into the green space during a walking tour. Or, if you're an active traveler, zip around the park on a running tour. In addition to Hyde Park, tours typically also cover Sydney Harbour and The Rocks.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Hyde Park is a must-visit for history buffs and travelers looking to escape the bustle of Sydney CBD.
- Inside the park, there are public toilets, water fountains, and an abundance of benches.
- Entrance to the park and all of the monuments inside is free.
- Hyde Park is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
How to Get There
Hyde Park runs parallel to George Street, and is bounded by Elizabeth Street to the west and College Street to the east. If traveling by train, get off at either the St. James or Museum railway stations. Bus numbers 333, 373, 377, 392, 394, 396, and 397 all service stops beside the park.
When to Get There
Though the park is open 24 hours a day year-round, the best time to visit is over the summer months of December to February. Hyde Park plays an important role in a number of cultural events throughout the year; it’s the venue for the Sydney Festival and Australia Day in January, and ANZAC Day in April.
Attractions near Hyde Park No matter which part of Hyde Park you find yourself in, you’re bound to be close to some of Sydney’s top attractions. Within a short walk of the park, you’ll find the leisure complex of Darling Harbour, which proves ideal for families; the Museum of Sydney and the prestigious Art Gallery of New South Wales; and the Royal Botanic Gardens of Sydney, home to thousands of species of flora from around the world.
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia