Goat Island Tours
This rocky 13-hectare island in the heart of Port Jackson is as rich in history as it is in sandstone. Once home to an explosives store and later a convict stockade, Goat Island has housed the Sydney Water Police and even served as a film set. What originally served as a destination for some of the nation’s biggest criminals (who were forced to labor in the massive quarries), is now part of Sydney Harbour National Park.
Address: Goat Island Sydney Harbour National Park, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
1 Tours and Activities to Experience Goat Island
Get a peak into Australia’s dark past with a guided tour of Goat Island. Visit this convict stockade-turned-national park with an informative local guide and take an entertaining walking tour. Enjoy a cruise through Sydney Harbor, eat a delicious champagne lunch, and explore the country’s history as a penal colony—all on one fun and fascinating excursion.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What's the best way to experience Goat Island?
The best ways to experience Goat Island are:See all Goat Island experiences on Viator.
Things to do near Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Newcastle
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Brunswick Heads
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Choc
- Things to do in Brisbane
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Tasmania