Stockholm Cruise Ports Tours
Read MoreShow Less
Sprawled across the Stockholm archipelago, the Swedish capital of Stockholm is a popular port of call for north European cruises. It’s also the starting point for many Baltic cruises, with easy links to Helsinki in Finland, St. Petersburg in Russia, and Baltic countries such as Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia.
With so much to see and do in Stockholm, most cruise visitors opt to spend their time discovering the city. On a Stockholm city tour, canal cruise, or hop-on hop-off bus tour, check off Stockholm highlights such as the Royal Palace, the Vasa Museum, City Hall, and the Nobel Museum. Or get to know the atmospheric old town of Gamla Stan on a walking tour. Another popular shore excursion is a Viking history tour, including the nearby towns of Sigtuna and Uppsala, and the archeological site of Täby.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Shore excursions typically include port pickup and drop-off.
- Many group and private tours are covered by Viator’s worry-free policy, ensuring guaranteed on-time return to your cruise ship.
- There are several different Stockholm cruise terminals, so be sure that you know which terminal your ship arrives and departs from.
How to Get to Stockholm from the Stockholm Cruise Port
While some smaller ships dock right in the heart of Gamla Stan, most cruise ships dock at Stadsgården on the island of Södermalm, a 30-minute walk away and located on the hop-on hop-off boat and bus routes. Alternatively, some ships arrive at Frihamnen and Värtahamnen, just north of downtown Stockholm, from where it’s a 30-minute bus ride into the city. Bigger cruise ships sometimes dock at Nynäshamn, 36 miles (58 kilometers) south of Stockholm, or around one hour by train.
The currency used in Stockholm and all of Sweden is the Swedish krona (SEK), but some larger hotels and tourist attractions accept euros and US dollars. Swedish is the official language here, but English is also widely spoken. There are many ATMs and currency exchange offices in Gamla Stan.
Address: Frihamnen, Stockholm 115 56, Sweden
0 Tours and Activities to Experience Stockholm Cruise Ports
No results found!
Things to do near Stockholm
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Gothenburg
- Things to do in Oslo
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Malmö
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Kaunas
- Things to do in Trondheim
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Central Norway
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Western Norway