Two days in Stockholm allow you time to thoroughly explore the city—from the cobblestoned streets of Gamla Stan to stately Drottningholm Palace—and to get out onto the water that surrounds the city.
Nynashamn Cruise Port
Most visitors docking at the Nynäshamn Cruise Port will make a beeline for Stockholm, the Swedish capital, home to The Nobel Museum and more. From there, day trips to nearby Uppsala and Sigtuna abound. Shore excursions with hop-on hop-off bus rides, walking tours, and customizable itineraries are also popular options with transportation included. The Nynäshamn Cruise Port is also just a short ferry ride away from beautiful Gotland island, home to the UNESCO-listed town of Visby.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Nynäshamn Cruise Port is one of five with proximity to Stockholm—the others are Värtahamnen, Skeppsbron, Frihamnen y Stadsgården.
- A retractable, floating seawalk pier is in operation at Nynäshamn Cruise Port, so expect to feel a bit wobbly when disembarking here.
- Lots of places in Stockholm only accept card, so come prepared.
- Many places close or operate with limited hours on Sunday, both in Stockholm and neighboring villages. Plan accordingly.
- Shore excursions can be a convenient way to get to know Stockholm and the Swedish archipelago with ease from the Nynäshamn Cruise Port.
How to Get to Nynäshamn From the Nynäshamn Cruise Port
Stockholm is connected to the Nynäshamn Cruise Port via the Pendeltåg (commuter train), which operates every half hour between Nynäshamn and the capital. The station is a 10-minute walk from the port. There's also a shuttle bus in operation every morning and afternoon, and other local bus lines. By car, the journey takes roughly 45 minutes.
Nynäshamn Cruise Port has the capacity for the largest cruise liners. The official language of Sweden is Swedish, although English and other Scandinavian languages are also widely spoken. The official currency is the Swedish krona. Accommodation is available near the port for travelers who arrive late or have early connections.
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Oslo
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Copenhagen
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Rostock
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Stavanger
- Things to do in Poznan
- Things to do in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
- Things to do in Western Norway
- Things to do in Northern Germany
- Drottningholm Palace (Drottningholms Slott)
- Waldemarsudde Museum
- Riddarholm Church (Riddarholmskyrkan)
- Stockholm Archipelago (Stockholms Skärgard)
- Nobel Prize Museum
- Stockholm Old Town (Gamla Stan)
- Tivoli Gröna Lund
- Stockholm Royal Palace (Kungliga Slottet)
- Skansen Museum
- Stockholm City Hall (Stadshuset)
- Stockholm Parliament House (Riksdagshuset)
- ABBA The Museum
- Museum of Medieval Stockholm (Medeltidsmuseet)