Things to Do in St. Petersburg This Summer
Summer is St. Petersburg’s high season. It's also when the sun shines nonstop for the city’s White Nights (late May to mid-July), allowing you to sightsee long into the night. Whether you want to explore the city sights, cruise the canals, or take a day trip—here are some ideas for things to do in St. Petersburg this summer.
- Escape the crowds and long queues at the Hermitage Museum with skip-the-line entrance and summer early access.
- See attractions such as the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, St. Isaac’s Cathedral, and the Peter and Paul Fortress on a walking or Segway tour of the city.
- Set sail on a midnight cruise and experience the White Nights of St. Petersburg from the water.
- Ride the hydrofoil ferry across the Gulf of Finland to visit the magnificent Peterhof Palace and park.
- Make your own itinerary and visit the sights at your own pace with a hop-on hop-off bus tour.
- Float over the Pushkin and Pavlovsk palaces and enjoy aerial views on a hot air balloon flight.
- Attend a Russian folk show at the Nikolaevsky Palace.
- See the city from a whole new perspective on a rooftop tour of St. Petersburg.
11 Tours and Activities
- Top Day Trips from St. Petersburg
- Don't-Miss Dishes in St. Petersburg
- Where to Find the Best Views in St. Petersburg
- Art Lover's Guide to St. Petersburg
- Romantic Things to Do in St. Petersburg
- Ways to Beat the Crowds in St. Petersburg
- Must-See Museums in St. Petersburg
- Things to Do in St. Petersburg This Summer