Nevsky Prospekt Tours
Nevsky Prospekt is the most famous street in Russia and main street of St. Petersberg, spanning from the Admiralty to the Alexander Nevsky Monastery .
As a major central street in the city, Nevsky Prospekt is oft the stomping grounds for many holiday, national, and other celebrations, such as Victory Day, and Day of the City, hosting events from festivals to parades.
The street is also home to many sculptures that captures both Russian heroes and historical figures including Nevsky himself, Catherine the Great, city hero of Leningrad Obelisk, Kutuzov, and one of Mikhail Barclay do Tolly, located in the Kazan area.
The main street stretches a total of 2.8 miles (4.5 km) and ranges from about 82-197 feet (25-60 m) wide. It crosses the river Sink (Мойка) Griboyedov Canal (канал Грибоедова) via the Kazansky Bridge (Зелёный мост) and also the Fontanka (Фонтанку), by the Anichkov Bridge (Фонтанку).
The street was named after the Nevsky Monastery in the late 18th-century and was described as the easiest path to the monastery, however runs into other major city landmarks too, including the Moscow Railway station, Rastrelliesque Stroganov Palace, the massive neoclassical Kazan Cathedral, Eliseyev Emporium, the Art Nouveau Bookhouse, and a plethora of 18th-century churches, making it one of the most convenient, as well as significant streets in the city.
459 Tours and Activities to Experience Nevsky Prospekt
St Petersburg 2 Day Top-Guided Optimized Mini-Group Tour Introducing The Best of the City And Its Suburbs
2 Day Top-Guided Mini-Group Shore Excursion Introducing The Best of Saint-Petersburg And Its Surroundings
Frequently Asked Questions
- Shore Excursion: 2-Day St. Petersburg City Tour
- 2-Day St. Petersburg City and Local Culture Shore Excursion in a Small Group
- 2-Day Group Shore Excursion in St Petersburg with Faberge Museum & Boat Cruise
- St Petersburg 2 Day Top-Guided Optimized Mini-Group Tour Introducing The Best of the City And Its Suburbs
Things to do near St Petersburg
- Things to do in Helsinki
- Things to do in Tallinn
- Things to do in Riga
- Things to do in Moscow
- Things to do in Vilnius
- Things to do in Kaunas
- Things to do in Stockholm
- Things to do in Minsk
- Things to do in Luosto
- Things to do in Kaliningrad
- Things to do in Nizhny Novgorod
- Things to do in Volga Region
- Things to do in Central Norway
- Things to do in Gdansk
- Things to do in Sloboda Ukraine region