Split’s unique blend of natural scenery, historic landmarks, and vibrant culture makes it a popular destination, but ticking off its highlights can be tricky in just two days. Here are our top tips for optimizing your 48 hours in the city.
Ul. kralja Tomislava 5, Split, 21000
Over 20 exhibits showcase the frogs participating in a variety of activities. Highlights include a frog circus, a classroom, a swimming pool, and a somewhat ironic tableau where frogs are enjoying a fishing trip at a riverside campsite. Additional scenes include an amphibious blacksmith and tailor, ballroom-dancing frogs, a frog-filled courtroom, and frogs training in track-and-field athletics.
Things to Know Before You Go
Plan 30 minutes to one hour to visit the small museum.
There is a gift shop on-site where you can buy unique frog-inspired souvenirs including postcards of your favorite froggy scenes.
The museum is wheelchair-accessible, although there is a low step at the entrance.
How to Get There
The museum is located on Kralja Tomislava in central Split, just a short walk from Diocletian's Palace. From the waterfront, follow the central boulevard of Marmontova and look for the signs.
When to Get There
Froggyland is open daily from April to October, but is closed during the winter months. It’s a popular spot, and the small museum can get busy in peak season (July–August), so get there early to beat the crowds.
Quirky Museums in Croatia
Other unusual museums in Croatia include the Museum of Broken Relationships, the Museum of Torture, and the Museum of Illusions, all in Zagreb. The Peek&Poke Computer Museum in Rijeka has old computers and vintage video games, and the Malacological Museum in Makarska is full to the brim with seashells. Thousands of bugs and creepy crawlies fill the World of Insects Museum in Varaždin.
- Things to do in Dalmatia
- Things to do in Hvar
- Things to do in Šibenik
- Things to do in Makarska
- Things to do in Zadar
- Things to do in Visoko
- Things to do in Sarajevo
- Things to do in Dubrovnik
- Things to do in Zagreb
- Things to do in Ljubljana
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Central Croatia
- Things to do in Adriatic Coast
- Republic Square (Prokurative)
- Fruit's Square (Trg Brace Radic)
- Gregory of Nin (Grgur Ninski)
- Gates of Diocletian's Palace
- Temple of Jupiter
- Diocletian's Palace
- Peristyle Square (Peristil)
- Cathedral of St. Dominus (Katedrala Svetog Duje)
- Riva Promenade (Riva Split Waterfront)
- Split Ethnographic Museum (Etnografski Muzej Split)
- Port of Split (Luka Split)
- Split Archaeological Museum (Arheoloski Muzej Split)
- Bacvice Beach
- Poljud Stadium (Stadion Poljud)
- Mestrovic Gallery (Galerija Mestrovic)