Wiltshire’s most important museum is the perfect complement to a visit to nearby Stonehenge, home to some of England’s most impressive archaeological finds. The museum takes visitors on a journey through the region’s fascinating history of human occupation, from the Neolithic era to the Bronze and Iron Age, through to Roman, Saxon, and medieval times.
As well as items excavated from the UNESCO-listed sites of Stonehenge and Avebury, highlights include the ruins of Bush Barrow, a Bronze Age burial mound; priceless gold and amber items that date back over 4,000 years; and a sizable collection of historic art.
What are Wiltshire Museum hours of operation?
Should I book Wiltshire Museum tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Wiltshire Museum 2021?
What's the best way to experience Wiltshire Museum?
Things to do near South West England
- Things to do in Bristol
- Things to do in Bath
- Things to do in Cornwall
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in Southampton
- Things to do in Oxford
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in South West Ireland
- Things to do in Loire Valley
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais