Singapore is home to culture, fashion and style. No place is this more evident than on the streets of its hippest suburb, Tiong Bahru. This former housing complex was constructed in the 1930s. Early on, it was notoriously known for the wealthy businessmen kept their mistresses tucked away in the quiet estate. Today, Tiong Bahru attracts a diverse lot of residence who call the art deco building with rounded terraces home. Old folks wander into the streets as the sun rises and by dusk, youthful professionals are heading out to enjoy the lively nightlife scene here.
Specialty shops that showcase quirky items and designer fashions make this suburban neighborhood a destination for locals (and travelers!) seeking to update their style with something unique and one-of-a-kind. And those in search of some serious eats will find food carts, restaurants and lively coffee shops that offer up tasty local cuisine, as well as the opportunity to interact with Tiong Bahru’s stylish local set.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What's the best way to experience Tiong Bahru?
- Private Singapore City Highlights Tour By Car - Half Day or Full Day
- Private Tour: Walk Down Memory Lane @ Tiong Bahru
- Private Tiong Bahru and Katong "Hipster" Old Towns Car Tour
- Tiong Bahru: Hipster "Old Town" Heartland Tour
Things to do near Singapore
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Thailand
- Things to do in Johor Bahru
- Things to do in Melaka
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Tanah Rata
- Things to do in Johor
- Things to do in Pahang
- Things to do in Perak
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast