Camel Rides in Sharm el Sheikh
Sharm el Sheikh is an ideal place to have the unforgettable experience of riding a camel in the desert. From a short ride through the sands of the Sinai Desert to a full-day adventure safari, here are some of the best options for traveling the traditional way.
Learn how to mount and ride a camel as you experience its unusual gait.
Ride through the Sinai Desert, to the base of Mt. Matamir, or along a Gulf of Aqaba beach.
Combine your camel safari with another Egyptian adventure, like snorkeling, stargazing, quad biking, or a traditional Bedouin dinner and cultural show.
Camel riding tours can last anywhere from three to 12 hours, depending on the option you choose.
Some tours include pickup and drop-off at your hotel in Sharm el Sheikh.
While riding a camel is a quintessential desert experience in Egypt, it’s one of many adventures on offer, some of which can be combined into a single, action-packed day trip. Take a 4WD safari to the rugged Colored Canyon, snorkel the Blue Hole—one of the country’s most famous dive spots on the Red Sea—before riding a camel along the shores of the Gulf of Aqaba, or ride into the desert for an evening of stargazing and Bedouin culture. For a more adrenaline-fueled day trip, combine your camel ride with a sand buggy or quad bike tour of the desert outside Sharm el Sheikh.
4 Tours and Activities
- Things to Know Before You Go: Scuba Diving in Sharm el Sheikh
- Top Diving Spots in Sharm El Sheikh for Beginner Scuba Divers
- Top Diving Spots in Sharm El Sheikh for Advanced Scuba Divers
- How to Spend 2 Days in Sharm El Sheikh
- How to Spend 1 Day in Sharm El Sheikh
- How to Spend 3 Days in Sharm el Sheikh
- Egyptian Desert Tours from Sharm el Sheikh
- Camel Rides in Sharm el Sheikh