Sandy beaches, clear water, colorful reefs—it’s easy to see how Na’ama Bay grew into a busy resort destination for year-round sun. Boats depart from the coast here for snorkeling trips and scuba diving, while waterfront dining ranges from upscale destinations to beachfront spots for quick bites. To explore, book snorkel, scuba, and parasailing experiences in advance; glass-bottom boat tours are a fun option if you’d rather stay out of the water.
Things to know before you go
- With a mix of family-friendly resorts and late-night party spots, there’s something for every traveler here.
- Many major hotels in Sharm el Sheikh offer free shuttles to Na’ama Bay.
- Bargaining is common at the shops around Na’ama Bay.
How to get there
The Coast Road runs along the shore at Na’ama Bay, and is lined with resorts and restaurants. Most major bus stations are in the downtown area of Sharm el Sheikh, which is to the south of Na’ama Bay. Taxis are plentiful in the Na’ama Bay area, but be sure to agree on a fare before departing. If you’re visiting Na’ama Bay for a tour or experience, pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation may be included.
When to get there
With moderate temperatures and lots of sunshine, the months of March–April and September–October are good times to visit Na’ama Bay. Warm weather all winter keeps the beach bustling all season, and while summer brings powerful heat, it’s a beautiful time of year to enjoy snorkeling and diving in Na’ama Bay.
What to Wear at Na’ama Bay
Pack a swimsuit for lounging poolside, snorkeling, or getting some beach time in at Na’ama Bay. If you’re planning to explore beyond the shoreline, keep in mind that conservative dress is the norm in Egypt and covering up might be the most comfortable option. If you’re headed inland for a desert tour, plan to wear clothes that cover your knees and shoulders; even aside from cultural considerations, limiting exposed skin could save you a serious sunburn.
- Things to Know Before You Go: Scuba Diving in Sharm el Sheikh
- Top Diving Spots in Sharm El Sheikh for Beginner Scuba Divers
- Top Diving Spots in Sharm El Sheikh for Advanced Scuba Divers
- How to Spend 2 Days in Sharm El Sheikh
- How to Spend 1 Day in Sharm El Sheikh
- How to Spend 3 Days in Sharm el Sheikh
- Camel Rides in Sharm el Sheikh